Topic

Western Mountaineering on water resistant down and Pertex fabric

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Western Mountaineering on water resistant down and Pertex fabric

Viewing 6 posts - 126 through 131 (of 131 total)
  • Author
    James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

Hey ross

i was at the taiga store a few days ago

the problem is that even their lightest bags are heavier than my EE quilt … They may use 800 fille down but their shells are from a 90s mindset of overly burly

im looking for a 30-35F bag that weights 500-600g and packs very small … Everything needs to fit in an 18L climbing pack

and it has to be a reasonable price in canuckistan

;)

Gabe P
    BPL Member

@gabe

I’ve been seeing more sales on WM bags and jackets recently, which I know isn’t suppose to be happening at all. This has made me wonder if WM is allowing for a few exceptions to help their dealers make room for newer WM bags and jackets that have water resistant down in them. Anyone know if there might be something to this?

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Locale: Way up North

You could be right.

Bob Moulder
    BPL Member

@bobmny10562

Locale: Westchester County, NY

Sorry, I don’t want to read back through 6 pages…  Have WM changed their stance regarding water resistant down?

Seriously wondering because I have only 2 down items that employ it (EE Rev 50 and EB dridown parka) and am eager to know if they’ve made some determinations about long-term durability of treated down. My plan is to not invest in any treated down item that is terribly expensive until there is more widespread feedback about its effectiveness. Those two items I’ve purchased are my way of dipping a toe in the very shallow end of the pool. So far they work, but over time…??

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Didn’t ZPacks stop using it because of claims it took longer to unclump? I have not read or heard that WM has changed their view.

Gabe P
    BPL Member

@gabe

They probably haven’t, I just wondered if anyone had heard anything. There have just been so many sales lately.

Viewing 6 posts - 126 through 131 (of 131 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!