Topic

McHale pack or Zimmer pack?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) McHale pack or Zimmer pack?

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    David Ure

@familyguy

Absolutely Roger. Will do.

dan mchale
    BPL Member

@wildlife

Locale: Cascadia

From Thaddaeus;

"A good website to me is mainly the pic examples and the contact email. That was there."

I like that! :>)

scree ride

@scree

My feelings are hurt so easily. I'm just the sensitive type. You guys are mean…

Michael L
    BPL Member

@mpl_35

Locale: NoCo

Dan,

I read it exactly as Jason elaborated. His comments echoed what you yourself have said. That you are happy with your site. Your response was an attack. But just FYI, at least one observer understood exactly what his point was.

dan mchale
    BPL Member

@wildlife

I'm going to let this go. There is too much missing.

Jason Elsworth
    Spectator

@jephoto

Locale: New Zealand

For the record – nothing I have posted on this thread has been deleted after posting and I have not edited any of my post after making them.

dan mchale
    BPL Member

@wildlife

OK, so it's my post that is missing.

K C
    BPL Member

@kalebc

Locale: South West

Is this thread helping the OP or wasting his time…. Sad. The question is…are custom packs with the extra money. I will say Yes, piece of mind of your pack not falling apart and being functional for your needs.

Jason Elsworth
    Spectator

@jephoto

Ok – I will remove the section of my post that refers to your post that the moderators decided should be removed.

dan mchale
    BPL Member

@wildlife

OP is in good hands – I wouldn't worry for a second.

michael levi

@m-l

Locale: W-Never Eat Soggy (W)affles

It blows my mind how these people treat customers so badly, especially when you are dealing with potential buyers of your product. Mchale there is no revenge, you are just hurting yourself, it's too late to be the bigger man.

dan mchale
    BPL Member

@wildlife

Another person that is not contributing monetarily to this site. Bubonic Plague? Glad to meet you! I was trying to get Ryan Smith over here from the Cottage Constipation thread so we could all go hiking together. Doesn't that sound better than Cottage Consumption? Who comes up with this stuff?

Jason Elsworth
    Spectator

@jephoto

Let me know when you are done.

Done. I think my post now makes sense, even without the post from you that was removed by the moderators. It is a bit difficult to keep up with all the moderator changes and multiple edits.

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

Hey, can I go hiking with you guys? I don't do stuff that requires ropes though.

dan mchale
    BPL Member

@wildlife

Thanks, Jason!

Yeah Nick, ropes and all that stuff suck. I'm too old for that. I even had a device called a 'silent partner' and got rid of it. Yeah, you can go hiking with us….whoever us is! But….I thought this was hiking.

K C
    BPL Member

@kalebc

Locale: South West

Packs hand made in the USA… McHale Packs may be the best made packs in the world. Pay close attention to stitching and tacks, that is where it counts. Zimmerbuilt packs are like having a custom built home, whatever you can imagine, he can build.

TJ W
    BPL Member

@thadjw

Wild stuff here on this thread. Hope no one feels angry about the discussion and looks ok by now. Let's all play relatively nice in the game of life. Dan has been kind enough to reply via outside email a few times. He has an idea he's going to speak to me about. I'll keep it private and hope you all have a merry day.

A great pack is quite valuable to me and there has been some helpful advice here! TW

David Ure

@familyguy

You really owe it to yourself to contact Chris Zimmer as well. Always good to have options to get exactly what YOU want.

David Ure

@familyguy

"So David Ure, who's the other chap you mention that I charged for emails?"

"He had my pack for quite awhile, and I worked with him quite a bit, all the while he would go out on trips and use the pack for free. Suddenly one day, his wife was pregnant, and he suddenly could not get a pack. In the emails alone there was a huge amount of time invested. I decided I would recoup a little time and charged him 25 cents per email for the 100 emails that went back and forth. In my website it says there is some discretion in regards to refunds"

Dan Mchale, do you believe this approach to charging for emails is ethical? Do you believe that it may be better to put on your website that emails from you are not free? Do you not supply Demo Packs and tell clients to us the packs on trips? Are you aware of what it costs to have a baby? When you say "suddenly" is this because you are not aware that this is how the initial stages of pregnancy occurs?

I find it amazing how you come off as an unbelievably unprofessional vendor, claim there is an agenda against you, offend everyone, edit your posts again and again, wait until Roger deletes some of your posts and then you edit your posts again to come off looking like a saint. You even convince others to edit their posts when they wrote nothing wrong? This happens again and again, in virtually any thread you have been involved in over the past several years. Pretty easy to see that by doing a search.

If anything, it is really awesome how you do that. I applaud you!

michael levi

@m-l

Locale: W-Never Eat Soggy (W)affles

I agree, just from what I've read I have no desire to do business with him. I highly recommend zimmerbuilt though, I've had 3 packs made from him and they were all great. Not overpriced either.

Tanner M

@tan68

If I read the thread again, it is different, now ?

I admit I have read this thread and the comments following the Cottage Industry editorial because I was intrigued by the changes made to the 'If you could only have one pack' thread.

Posts were edited a year later…

I thought I could get in on the ground floor and follow this and the Cottage threads. I still got lost.

I don't know why your head keeps changing. Sometimes it is a large squid head only. Sometimes it is a squid head on a man. I decided to use it as a reminder to take pain reliever. Squid head is for Tylenol and squid man is for Ibuprofen. Still don't understand. Feel better, though :^)

David Ure

@familyguy

Always just been Davey Jones Squid or Pinnacle Lake. Maybe this thread is giving you a headache? Maybe it was the pot roast? Dan Mchale threads are usually morphing on an ongoing basis. It is like a "signature." At least there are no surprises. LOL.

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

Copy and paste.

Davey, I would copy and paste and then reply.

Looking back at the chewing that Ron Moak got, for being a vendor that "argued" with a customer here…..now I think maybe he just wasn't aggressive enough??

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Good idea Kat. It was hard to keep up on this thread if you weren't glued to the monitor.

David Ure

@familyguy

Indeed, Kat. indeed.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 64 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools