Apr 2, 2007 at 8:06 am #1222644
Some customers have contacted us about wanting to prepurchase items from the new Cocoon line. These are shipping from the factory 5/29 and expected to start shipping to customers in late June, 2007.
This includes the entire '07 line: vest, pullover, hooded pullover, pull-on pants, full zip hooded jacket, side zip pants, three quilts, and the balaclava.
More information on all of these products can be reviewed at the Bozeman Mountain Works website.
This prepurchase program would be a "pay at the time of purchase" deal as the ones we did before, and be allowable only for Cocoon goods and open only to Premium Members.
I wanted to solicit some feedback, to see if there was a wider level of interest in this. If so, we'll open up pre-purchasing in a week or so.
If not, then it will be business as usual!
Please solicit your feedback in this forum, or feel free to PM me.
RyanApr 2, 2007 at 8:52 am #1384552
Bill FornshellBPL Member
@bfornshellLocale: Southern Texas
I would vote for "pre-purchase" for members.
If I could do a "pre-purchase" I don't have to worry about not being around a computer when they are announced for sale such as, maybe, out hiking.Apr 2, 2007 at 8:59 am #1384553
Avoiding the "lottery game" would be nice in that members (whom pay for the privlege of first access) should be allowed to pre-pay and reserve these items. This way as Bill says, those who are dedicated but not around their computer all the time will still have the opportunity to get at these items.Apr 2, 2007 at 9:00 am #1384554
@kdesignLocale: Mythical State of Jefferson
I'm interested but could you possibly give us some idea of the prices? Personally. I'm interested in the Balaclava &/or the Pro hooded jacket and the quilts.Apr 2, 2007 at 9:13 am #1384559
David StenbergBPL Member
I would definitely like to prepurchase!
What about those who have items backordered from last time?
I have the Cocoon pants backordered, and wanted to make sure this has not been lost.Apr 2, 2007 at 10:14 am #1384567
Randy BrisseyBPL Member
@rbrisseyLocale: Redondo Beach, CA
I remember reading (twice) on this forum that the goods were in route and would be available in april.
RandyApr 2, 2007 at 7:40 pm #1384625
Randy: We went through one extra round of prototypes to nail the designs and another for size grading, since we are going to offer XS through XXL on all of the apparel.
David: No backorders have been lost, don't worry! You guys are the first ones on the list.
We are finalizing pricing this week and all of the products should be loaded and online here next week.Apr 2, 2007 at 8:14 pm #1384628
Jay McCombsBPL Member
do it, this will allow me more time to figure out a back story for the charges when they show up on the cc statement and the wife asks me if I bought another jacket.Apr 3, 2007 at 10:16 am #1384680
Hajime KawasakiBPL Member
I would like to prepurchase two of Quilt 180.
And I am very much interested in Cocoon Pro line,
because of frequent wet condition in Japan.
I would also like to prepurchase Cocoon Pro Jackets and Cocoon Pro Pants.
Maybe I guess they will work well as Vapor Barrier !Apr 3, 2007 at 3:50 pm #1384719
Paul LutherBPL Member
Prepurchase for me too!! I can't wait:)
PaulApr 3, 2007 at 4:16 pm #1384722
Douglas FrickBPL Member
Definitely. (Is the BMW site updated?)Apr 3, 2007 at 4:18 pm #1384724
Yes, the entire line would be made available for prepurchase.
This is what we are thinking as of 5:00 PM today. No decisions have yet been made.
1. We would open up X% of the inventory that is coming for prepurchase for those who want guarantees for getting the goods they want. Once that X% is presold, no more inventory will be made for prepurchase.
2. Backorders and prepurchases would be fulfilled and shipped BEFORE the rest of the inventory would be made available, when the goods arrive. It will probably take about 10-14 days for our warehouse staff to fulfill the back/pre-order purchase volume, which means remaining inventory would not hit the website and be available for sale until about July 4 or so, with backorders and prepurchases shipping between the window of June 20-July 3, depending on when the goods arrive.
3. A fraction of the remaining inventory will be held aside for size exchanges. This inventory will not be made available until 30 days after the goods go on sale to the public, or, sometime in early August. That will give people the opportunity to do a size exchange as needed.
4. As before, credit cards will be charged at the time of purchase, not time of delivery. A coupon equivalent to a nominal % of the order price may be available to those folks who do prepurchase, to account for the 60-75 or so days of lost opportunity of putting your $ to work gaining interest in a savings accounts <- who woulda thought gear could be an "investment", ahem?! Alternatively, we may discount the items a little steeper for the prepurchase period, and then reduce the discount a little when the goods are made available to the public.
5. Prepurchase orders would be limited only to the Cocoon line, and online subscriptions. No other items could be added to your cart. Our warehouse staff won't be able to accommodate the workload required for split shipments.
More soon.Apr 4, 2007 at 8:43 am #1384783
Aaron GrandaBPL Member
I too would be interested in a pre purchase. The only thing I would like is some kind of warning. Maybe in the Wednesday newsletter or in the forums you could say to be ready at 5:00 pm Friday or something like that.Apr 4, 2007 at 5:47 pm #1384841
aaron eshelmanBPL Member
@djaaronreedLocale: Central Rockies
I would love a pre purchase! I also agree that a warning of some sort for those that are away from the computer would get to order in time.Apr 4, 2007 at 10:06 pm #1384879
The BPL site has a size chart for the cocoon pants, but apparently not for the cocoon pullover.
While on the subject of sizing, are the PRO and non-PRO hoody's cut the same, or does the PRO have more interior room, larger hood etc?Apr 5, 2007 at 8:04 am #1384909
> The BPL site has a size chart for the
> cocoon pants, but apparently not for
> the cocoon pullover.
I am working on building the size chart for placement on the BMW and BPL sites. I'm awaiting actual measurement figures before I place them "live" so that we as not to confuse the impatient masses.
– sam_hApr 5, 2007 at 9:58 pm #1385026
Sam, thanks for the update and for improving the website!Apr 6, 2007 at 7:23 pm #1385117
The sizing chart for the new 2007 Bozeman Mountain Works products is now online:Apr 6, 2007 at 7:44 pm #1385119
Ron DBPL Member
I'd be interested in the Pro Balaclava prepurchase
Thanks…RonApr 6, 2007 at 9:14 pm #1385131
Randy BrisseyBPL Member
@rbrisseyLocale: Redondo Beach, CA
Will we know in advance when it will be "Ready, Set, Go" for the prepurchase or will it just appear in a mailing to the premium members. I ask because if I go on vacation (being that I am a teacher) and come back lets say 5 days from the woods and all of the goods are spoken for.
For me I know what I want and the sizes, all I need is a date for the prom.
RandyApr 7, 2007 at 7:40 am #1385148
Yes, I'll give you a headsup in advance by posting here. We do plan on a prepurchase, and we are shooting for April 10th. – RyanApr 7, 2007 at 7:57 am #1385151
David StenbergBPL Member
Thanks for the heads-up on the date. Very exciting!
Is it possible to give us a heads up on prices? I am trying to figure how much I will get hit this month.
Thanks!Apr 7, 2007 at 8:07 am #1385155
David NollBPL Member
@dpnollLocale: Maroon Bells
I would be interested in a prepurchase of a pullover.Apr 9, 2007 at 3:06 pm #1385350
I would also be interested in a prepurchase.
Is the weight given for the Pro 90 Quilt (14 oz.) for size long? Other items state what size the listed weight is for, but not this quilt.
Can anybody give me a sense for how much loft 60g and 90g Polarguard provide? That's quite a difference in weight, hence presumably in warmth.
Is the Pro 90 Quilt rated for "wetter weather," in contrast to the 60 Quilt, because of the different shell fabric or the increased insulation?
Background: I'm looking for a lighter and less risky quilt to use instead of my Nunatak for May-September camping in the wet lowlands from southern Ontario to Virginia.
— MarkApr 9, 2007 at 3:56 pm #1385356
Count me in!!!!
I knew there was a good reason for paying off my credit card last week!!!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.