Jul 25, 2012 at 1:11 pm #1292321
I have started building a very small stock of quilts to have available for immediate sale. They just need to be stuffed/overstuffed and shipped. I will keep this post updated with what i have on hand. If you want one post on here and e-mail me (enlightenedequipment charter net) I will mark it pending until sold then it will be removed. You will order the quilt off my site to complete payment. enlightenedequipment.com
I currently have…
These can be purchased from our in stock page, no reason to post here unless you really want to.
-TimJul 25, 2012 at 5:04 pm #1897560
Nice! I cant wait to get my lovely red and black one!Jul 25, 2012 at 5:33 pm #1897568
Soon my friend, soonJul 25, 2012 at 9:24 pm #1897625
Brendan MulhollandBPL Member
@dools009Locale: Pacific Northwest
Wanted to comment on how impressed I was throughout the buying process with Tim's Revelation X quilts, build time, etc. Tim was top notch when it came to promptly replying to questions with regard to build/sizing and produced a top-quality quilt (much better build and materials than the famed mid-priced Golite Ultra 20 that I use) in a reasonable amount of time at a price-point that is untouched on the market today. I highly encourage anyone thinking about getting a new sleeping bag/quilt to look here as there isn't a better deal in quality UL backpacking gear on the market right now than the Revelation X quilts.
I am in no way connected or affiliated with Tim or his company (my only interaction with him has been through the quilt purchase) but just like to take the effort to give credit where on the rare occasion when I encounter people that truly excel at what they do.Jul 29, 2012 at 7:01 am #1898360
Thanks Brendan. Very glad we could give you a great quilt and that you enjoyed our service throught the process. I put service first, then quality, then delivery time. It is backwards compared to the rest of the world but I think it makes for s better experience even if I could sell more the other way.
-TimAug 1, 2012 at 10:35 am #1899221
30* SOLDAug 1, 2012 at 3:49 pm #1899322
S10 – 40* SOLD
More in a day or two for sure
-TimAug 2, 2012 at 12:24 pm #1899548
You should implement a 'Follow your Order' doohicky so folks can 'watch' the process of their goodies being made. :-)Aug 2, 2012 at 12:38 pm #1899552
Normally within 3-5 days of order they're at someone's home being sewn. Within a day of returning they ship most of the time. So if you ordered last week it is being sewn now. So the update would always read "being sewn" or shipped as the other updates would take longer to post than do ;)
-TimAug 2, 2012 at 12:49 pm #1899558
haha! Watch with great impatience as someone uses a sewing machine or stuffs down. haha.Aug 2, 2012 at 3:06 pm #1899613
Even a live chat update system would suffice: "11th baffle complete, 12th in progress."
:DAug 2, 2012 at 3:15 pm #1899615
Ok, I'll do all that stuff but you'll be waiting even longer than if you bought an ARC quilt ;)
Maybe I'll just focus in building the quilts instead.
-TimAug 2, 2012 at 10:32 pm #1899760
Tad EnglundBPL Member
@bestbuilderLocale: Pacific Northwest
Tim, I'm looking to get a quilt (Rev x) but I have a few questions:
1. Why would I get the 30% overfill- what is the advantage in doing this?
2. The Golite quilt is 59" at the top compared to your reg at 52" (Your wide is 56"). Is theirs just extra big or do you have some reason for the narrower cuts. I also have a WM Ultralite and the total girth is 59"
3. Do you make a down Balaclava?Aug 3, 2012 at 4:18 am #1899791
1) if you're worried about down shift the overstuff is more dense. I use 40* overstuff like a 30* since I sleep warm I can save a little weight over the 30* and the down is packed tighter and won't move. It's also good for cold sleepers, it helps them reach the temp rating. Overfill can also help in humid conditions
2) widest quilt in the world used to be 48". I am 325# and use a slim in my hammock. I think people use too wide of quilts because they are afraid of feeling one draft at night. If the WM bag is 59" why would a quilt need to be that wide? Also pretty sure the Golite isn't 59". Either way the Golite is only the widest width at one point, mine being half tapered is the full width the whole top half. If you are really worried about it being that big get with my for our XWIDE. It is listed on our sizes info but not offered on our site because it messes all the payment option buttons and tables up. I can do it for around $15 more most of the time and it is 60" half tapered to 46". Will fit any SUMO wrestler ;)
3) no, I don't like offering a product until I have a design that is uniquely mine. I have plans here but I am working to make it mine before I let you make it yours
-TimAug 3, 2012 at 8:20 pm #1900016
S4 RevelationX 6' WIDE 20* grey/red $190/$195 Overstuffed
-TimAug 4, 2012 at 10:44 am #1900109
S9 RevelationX 6' REG 40* grey/olive green $170/$175 Over stuffed
S11 RevelationX 6'6" WIDE 40* grey/olive green $175/$180 Overstuffed
Now available, next batch not for about 2 weeks.
-TimAug 4, 2012 at 11:24 am #1900116
Just ordered two quilts from Tim; have to say his communication speed is second to none. Customer service like that gets my business every time. Can't wait to try them out. Too bad my trip isn't for another 8 weeks.Aug 4, 2012 at 8:24 pm #1900257
The S9 40 degree was just purchased by me.Aug 5, 2012 at 7:19 am #1900336
Hello Tim, wondering if you make underquilts? I'm into hammocks and thought I could buy a small top quilt from you and convert it to a UQ or do you make a 3/4 30 degree UQ? Thanks. Oh and I will be pulling the trigger on one of your top quilts soon!Aug 5, 2012 at 9:46 am #1900363
S9 RevelationX 6' REG 40* grey/olive green $170/$175 Over stuffed
-TimAug 5, 2012 at 9:48 am #1900365
all my adult quilts (kids ones too really but too small for an adult)can be hung as non-deferentially cut underquilts with your own suspension. We use ours this way sometimes for sure.
-TimAug 6, 2012 at 8:53 pm #1900754
F Reid ShippenMember
Noob question here. Are you saying that a 40* overstuffed would work pretty well as a 3-season for a warm sleeper?
I'd pretty much decided on the golite 3-season until I stumbled across some huge EE fans. Your philosophy rocks & I'd love to support it.
Thanks!Aug 6, 2012 at 8:59 pm #1900755
I use my 40* overstuff to 30* butost people consider 20* more of a 3 season rating
-TimAug 6, 2012 at 9:50 pm #1900763
Tim, what kind of suspension set up do you use when using the top quilts as under quilts?Aug 7, 2012 at 10:07 am #1900852
Matthew PerryBPL Member
@bigfoot2Locale: Hammock-NOT Tarptent!
"Tim, what kind of suspension set up do you use when using the top quilts as under quilts?"
I've been using Tim's quilts as under quilts for years. This is good for hanging them, or any bungie cord will do:
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.