Topic

Whats the best way to stay dry in the rain

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Whats the best way to stay dry in the rain

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 51 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    David Thomas
    BPL Member

@davidinkenai

Locale: North Woods. Far North.

Inupait (eskimos) aim to NEVER SWEAT. Reduce your workload or clothing to be a bit on the cool side so your own sweat isn't adding to the problem.

And, since polypro and fleece became widely available 30 years ago, we have the option of WEARING CLOTHES THAT DRY AS YOU WEAR THEM.

Couple those concepts with shedding rain while having good ventilation (poncho, embrella, tarp, etc) and trips in constant rain get more comfortable.

Brett Peugh
    BPL Member

@bpeugh

Locale: Midwest

I am working towards the not sweating as much thing myself and just walking slower when I start to overheat. I am going to switch to the system that can use a PU poncho and/or GoLite Chrome Dome umbrella and/or trash bag rain skirt and/or Momentum windshirt with a 200wt fleece above freezing and save the rain pants and down for below freezing.

Viewing 2 posts - 51 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools