Topic

Lookin 4 Help – Pack repair

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Lookin 4 Help – Pack repair

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    brian H
    BPL Member

@b14

Locale: Siskiyou Mtns

Hello all,

I am in need of a small repair job on my ancient, circa 1988 REI Klettersack style pack, and am not sure where to look so am posting here. It's a prob I've had for many years – simply the stitching on the seams of the lid pocket doesnt wanna hold.

This image shows a pack of similar lines, especially the lid:
    http://pinterest.com/pin/236861261621912464/

Any helpful direction you can point me in would be gr8. The pack turns 25 next year and has some sentimental value for sure.

Sewing…it well, um, it…intimidates me ;)
    Thanx.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

In an outdoorsy town like yours there must be someone who does repair. Any non chain gear shops around to ask? Also check shoe repair places, no kidding.

John Canfield

@jcanfield

Locale: Cascadia

Brian,
    get in touch! I have repaired hundred of backpacks of all ages. Everything from zipper replacements to foam reconstruction. I also build backpacks. I LIVE backpacks.

You are not too far away. If you send it my way, I would repair it for cheap+ return shipping (I am guessing ~ $20 + $15).

let me know!
    [email protected]

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools