Topic

Tunnel Tents Tutorial and State of the Market Report – Part 1: Definition and Pitching

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Tunnel Tents Tutorial and State of the Market Report – Part 1: Definition and Pitching

Viewing 4 posts - 126 through 129 (of 129 total)
  • Author
    Edward John M
    BPL Member

@moondog55

Well I don’t yet have the sewing skills to make your design Roger but I may revisit my idea of stretching that old Caddis [ keeping the unsupported fabric to less than 900mm] and see what it looks like

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Hi Ed

Photos! We (all) insist!

Cheers

Geoff Caplan
    BPL Member

@geoffcaplan

Locale: Lake District, Cumbria

Roger

Thought I’d mention that I just picked up a venerable Macpac Olympus off the local classified ads for the cost of a supermarket popup tent! Over 20 years old but it’s little used and there seems to be a bit of life in the old lass yet. Useful it for car camping on windy sites and the occasional back-country base-camp.

It came with the inner separated, and there are over 30 attachment points to fit it to the fly! Not something I’ll be doing in the field….But once the inner is fitted it’s quick to erect and it sure is a solid looking beast.

So you see I don’t have anything against tunnels in the right time and place ;-)

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Hi Geoff

SCORE!

It came with the inner separated, and there are over 30 attachment points to fit it to the fly!
    I separated the inner from the outer just once when I was using an Olympus – at home, to see what was involved. I never separated them again.

Enjoy!

Viewing 4 posts - 126 through 129 (of 129 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools