Topic

You stink, Nalgene!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) You stink, Nalgene!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 94 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

"On another thread a few weeks back, I did a "note to self" not to hike with Mr. Pelitski. My thoughts on the matter have not changed."

It required a note? ;0)

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Ken

We have Minors reading these Forum channels. Please watch your language.

Roger Caffin
    Online Community Monitor
    Backpacking Light

David Goodyear
    BPL Member

@dmgoody

Locale: mid-west

In my lifetime I have survived attacks from four artificial sweeteners, red dye No2, a predicted ice age and global warming (is it here yet?)and now I'm going to die a slow death from my beloved Nalgene.

Bummer dude

Dave

Steven Hanlon
    BPL Member

@asciibaron

Locale: Mid Atlantic

BPA hysteria aside, i love that a product that served well for years all the sudden is the debel and needs replacing post haste. i have yet to see a study that proves BPA exposure from a water bottle is harmful. look at our food, but the plastic bottle is dangerous, wow.

April Fools, right?

John Nausieda
    BPL Member

@meander

Locale: PNW

Well, he can always recycle it as a pee or rather p.o.'d bottle.But the damage may already be done. By the way Ken , that would be singing Nalgene to the tune of "Wild Thing" by the Troggs? And not the PC version "Mild Thing" from the 90's?

Tim Zen
    Spectator

@asdzxc57

Locale: MI

I think if you look at the BPA issue it was raised long before 2006. You could have bought the HDPE version in 2006. I think this the bottle that got Nalgene out of the lab and onto the trail. Gotta love old school.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

I'll hike with you Dave. This should be moved to Chaff. There did it for you.

And there is no clear HDPE. It's white like a milk jug.

http://store.nalgene.com/product-p/32%20ounce%20ultralite%20wide%20mouth.htm

Adam Barnhart

@abarnhart

Locale: SW MT

I'd go ahead and recycle those puppies. Spend the $10 on a new couple of bottles. Fill them with water from one of your favorite streams and think peaceful thoughts.

I'm completely behind companies taking care of their customers. But, don't think $10 is worth anywhere this amount of fuss or stress.

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

Buy a water bottle or juice bottle for $1. Drink contents. Now you have water bottle.

K C
    BPL Member

@kalebc

Locale: South West

Who uses Nalgene bottles backpacking? I hope not you. It seems like my $25 membership is only worth about $2.99 as I read the content of this site. Too many rookies clashed with people that find it easy to judge others behind their keyboard.

Doug Smith
    BPL Member

@jedi5150

Locale: Central CA

This thread is amazing. I'm really hoping it's an April fools joke. To go from ranting about a $5 dollar bottle that you've used for years to saying you want to throw bottles full of concrete at people's faces is not a rational mind. This guy seriously needs help.

I think somewhere around here I have an appropriate picture for this thread…yep, here it is:

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Tom Beno
    Spectator

@killerb

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Whining, expecting something for nothing, taking no personal responsibility, then spewing a shotgun blast of threats and insults.

Superb.

I dub thee Wanker.

D G
    Spectator

@dang

Locale: Pacific Northwet

Confucius say,

He who fill nalgene bottle with cement and throw at face have no pee bottle.

Everett Vinzant
    BPL Member

@wn7ant

Locale: CDT

Just to pour gasoline on this…

To correct your analogy, you want to be around after cars have been recalled, someone didn't get it fixed, and now wants something done about it.

Example:
    Let's say Ford recalls a car in 1978. Let's say for the sake of this argument it's called a Pinto. Let's say you just found out about the recall today (April 1 2012), and own a Pinto.

Do you really believe that Ford owes you a new car?

Really?

I mean you REALLY believe that Ford owes you something at this point?

Warren Greer
    Spectator

@warrengreer

Locale: SoCal

I agree. What a waste of time and energy. And BPL at its worst. Too bad its not April Fools.

Samuel Kau
    Spectator

@skau

Locale: Southern California

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this thread especially about the synapses firing erratically comment!! Thanks!

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Let us not judge BPL by the forum content. Anyone can post.

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

…."Too bad its not April Fools."

Actually, I bet it is April Fools, but still a bit much.

Andy F
    Spectator

@andyf

Locale: Midwest/Midatlantic

Oh no! The BPA is really getting to us and affecting our mind!

Who would have thought that a synthetic hormone would make us so hormonal?

Anonymous
    Inactive

"Oh no! The BPA is really getting to us and affecting our mind!"

Now you've got me wondering whether, for those of us who foreswear the use of Nalgene, it's actually a steady diet of BPL that affecting our hormonal balance. :(

Eric D.
    BPL Member

@ewdysar

Locale: SoCal

I'm with Kat. I read this as an April Fools. Have you noticed that April Fools hasn't really translated very well to the internet? A rare few have done it well, but stuff like this just falls flat.

Jeff Twerdun
    BPL Member

@westcoasthiker

Locale: Vancouver Island Canada

Gregory, you remind me of a guy i worked with a couple of years ago in construction….. he, at some point in his life, cut off 2 of his fingers(being careless,his own fault) and got a hold of Watson glove company, and informed them that if they did not custom make him some gloves, that if the standard gloves they sold got him into some kind of other accident, that he was going to sue. I thought that this was one of the most bizzare things i had heard. To my suprise, Watson, sent him a letter stating that they needed a "pattern" for his messed up hand, he traced the hand out(all 2 fingers and thumb) and sent it back to them. A month latter, the guy received a CASE of custom gloves,along with a letter stating anytime he needed more to contact them(free gloves for life)! Point is, Greg, stranger things have happened!

Nathan Watts
    BPL Member

@7sport

So Jeff, did he go on to complain about how long it took them to deliver his gloves or perhaps that they were the wrong color? Makes me sick. People like that lose out in the end though, or at least that's what I believe.

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Locale: Wisconsin

So few have it.

It's always someone else's fault or problem, isn't it?

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

April fools
    I don't think so….
    If you read my first comment it should be obvious that I tried to lighten up the thread and give the OP a way out.
    He chose the other way and started to insult others on a few different posts.
    That has absolutely nothing to do with the spirit of April Fool…
    Franco

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 94 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools