Topic

The MSRatauk SuperGnat (Gaz *and* Threaded!)

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) The MSRatauk SuperGnat (Gaz *and* Threaded!)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 101 through 103 (of 103 total)
  • Author
    David Thomas
    BPL Member

@davidinkenai

Locale: North Woods. Far North.

I've found Jim's imbedded links very helpful to help me gather more information without his inserting tables, weights, prices, boiling points, etc into a BPL thread. When germaine, he's put in a 3-word link that have redirected me to data on his site which saves me having to open up another window, do a search, etc. Maybe most of you know all the fuel attributes and stove specs by heart, but I'm newly revisiting UL BPing and find those links very helpful. I suspect some other newbies might also benefit from easily accessible data on the dozens of fuel choices and scores of stoves out there.

I think this is the 101st posting in a thread that has gone in an awful lots of directions. But if you're not interested in stoves, just don't click on the thread. There are some threads on BPL that don't interest me and others that aren't where I'm not just now (e.g. I could imagine playing with tarps in my future, but probably not now for snowcamping with my young family). So I mostly just ignore those threads but I'm happy they're there for the tarp afficinados.

david
    Spectator

@davidvcd

I see Jim posting a link to his blog, not another forum (pretty big difference).
    His blog currently does not contain any ads either.

I personally find his blog extremely useful and He seems to be one of the best source of information concerning stoves.

Some people seem to think that he is not competent to just even repair let alone unscrew a stove… far from it.

Yes he should have asked before doing anything to the stove and informed BG by PM/email instead by of learning it through a post. I think though he handled the fallout remarkably.

It's not like he mishandled or destroyed the gear. I would trust him to repair and clean my stove.

Close the thread ???

Dustin Short
    BPL Member

@upalachango

It's a blog, go visit it? It even has a subscription feature (Atom, no RSS). And ads may be pending…

Still there is a specific forum designed just for these post types titled as follows.

"On The Web: Post your surf slop here – personal websites or other Web resources that will be informative to lightweight backpackers."

While it can be argued that it does satisfy the "Gear" thread criteria, so much of life is like an SAT and it's not which category fits, but which fits BEST.

Viewing 3 posts - 101 through 103 (of 103 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools