Topic

New Golite Line NOW for sale

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) New Golite Line NOW for sale

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 16 posts - 51 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    David Stenberg
    BPL Member

@dstenberg1

Locale: South

I got the pack in the mail today. I really like it. In the past I have used size medium Golite packs, and I ordered the Jam 2 in the size medium. It may be too short for me though. I might have to return and get the large. I will see how it works with more weight, but who knows. The exterior pockest and shoulder straps are defintely an improvement. There seems to be a thicker back pad than the previous Jam, but I am not sure. The Compactor feature is interesting, but I am not sure if I would use it that much. It is not adjustable, but one size compacting. I cannot list pictures because I have never learned how. If I figure it out I will post them. Overall from first glance, this pack is going to be great for me!

Christopher Plesko

@pivvay

Locale: Rocky Mountains

Well I may have found my pack. It's definitly minimal but it's bigger than my REI flash, more durable, wider and more padded straps, without ditching the waist belt and sternum strap I want for controlling pack movement. If it weighs what they claim I'll be very happy. There is no framesheet or pocket, just a covered opening for the hydration tube to come out and a zippered top. Here's a few pictures comparing the REI Flash UL and the GoLite Ion.

ion vs flash
    ion vs flash back
    haul loop
    zipper

Can it be modded lighter? Without chopping it up in a major way you can ditch the small haul loop, ditch the key leash, cut the straps down as they're way too long for me even with a fully loaded pack, lighten a buckle or two, ditch the two reflective GoLite straps on the shoulders, replace the zipper pulls with spectra and get ride of the elastic part of the sternum strap (I might just transfer the strap from my Flash over instead).

Can't wait to try it!

Roger B
    BPL Member

@rogerb

Locale: Denmark

Looks Cool! However, it also seems tall, you purchased a large, what is the overall height? I also wonder how water proof/resistant the zipper is?

Michael Freyman
    BPL Member

@mfreyman

Niiiicccceeee … hopefully mine is here by Monday …

Christopher Plesko

@pivvay

Overall height is about 23" from the base to the back of the pack at the haul loop fully loaded. It doesn't hit my helmet which makes it shorter than a Dawn with the extention collar up. If it hit my helmet I'd be screwed since it's too annoying when the pack does that.

The zipper looks like most standard WP zippers. I don't care if the pack is completely WP since my Flash is far from waterproof and it worked for me last summer although I wouldn't have complained if they also added a small storm flap.

Christopher Plesko

@pivvay

Well I couldn't resist. I had to run some errands at the grocery store so I grabbed the headlamp and snowbike, stuffed the Ion with some clothes and did my errands by bike. The pack is really comfortable so far. I also had to run into the office to check on a machine and weighed the unmodded Ion.

9.72 ounces for a large. Once I trim the extra 2 feet of straps (I'm not joking) and do a couple other minor mods it should be under 9oz even which was my goal. If I'm really lucky I can hit 8oz with also swapping out the sternum strap for a lighter verson. Woohoo! 8oz SUL Dyneema pack!

Stephen Nelson

@stephenn6289

Locale: Sunshine State

mine should be here on monday and I'll pictures up as soon as I can for any of you who are waiting out there.

Brett .

@brett1234

Locale: CA

Christopher, that Ion looks excellent, congratulations! And in Dyneema as well.. Hey, I tried to research these new packs (Ion, Jam2, etc..) but I cant find them on golite.com; are they too new, or did I miss them? I know they are on backcountrygear, etc.. but why not at the manufacturers site? Thought maybe you would know. Thanks.

Thomas Knighton

@tomcat1066

Locale: Southwest GA

Brett,

Honestly, they seem to just be to new. All the research I've done on these new packs was mostly from GoLite press releases and such. Their website seriously needs an update!

Tom

Christopher Plesko

@pivvay

They are really brand new. GoLite should have everything updated by end of Feb from what I can tell but honestly they don't have any packs themselves yet. The online retailers have the first and only batch available for a little while. I learned about them on BPL from the outdoor retailer show article.

There was even a mistake on the Ion's tag about an male/female specific Ion but I talked to GoLite two days ago and the Ion is the only Unisex pack in the new line up.

Robert McGaughey

@havoc

Locale: North Texas

I talked with someone at Golite yesterday and they told me the website should be updated next week.

Will Rietveld
    BPL Member

@williwabbit

Locale: Southwest Colorado

Hi All,
    I just wanted to mention that I have finished testing the new GoLite Quest and Jam2 and the reviews will be published soon at BPL. Just a small preview – both packs are are really nice and very refined.

Will

Kim Coupounas
    BPL Member

@teamgolite

Hi! Kim from GoLite here. We had an early round of packs that arrived a few weeks ago and everything went immediately. Our full production run of packs arrived TODAY, and all are in our warehouse being quality checked before they are ready to ship out to many more dealers and onto GoLite.com.

We are also launching a completely revised GoLite.com website as well as a brand new GoLite-Footwear.com website, and that's when you'll be able to see all of our new Spring 07 products, including packs adn trail running shoes.

Coup and I are super excited about our new products this season. We hope you like them! So, check back to GoLite.com on Thursday to see it all.

Many thanks,
    Kim Coupounas
    GoLite Co-Founder

Doug Johnson
    BPL Member

@djohnson

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Another auciton on eBay for an unused Breeze just ended- and it went for $177.50!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=013&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=230081543503&rd=1&rd=1

I think I'm selling my Microsoft stocks and moving them into Golite Breeze packs. WOW!

Welcome to Ultralight Antiques!

D T
    BPL Member

@dealtoyo

Locale: Mt Hood

This is insane!!!!!!!!!!!!

It makes me very happy that I purchased mine for $50 on clearance a couple of years ago. Size large baby, that's right!!!!!

Now I'm sorry I didn't buy more when I had a chance. Oh well, I gots mine.

Thomas Knighton

@tomcat1066

Locale: Southwest GA

Doug,

That's why I've quit looking. I'd love to have a Breeze, but I'm just not interested in paying out that kind of money for a discontinued pack that I may not even like! Heck, I only paid $63 for my Jam, and it wasn't discontinued at the time!

Tom

Viewing 16 posts - 51 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools