Topic

Stoic Hadron?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Stoic Hadron?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 51 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    And E
    Spectator

@lunchandynner

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Woah, didn't realize that started back up with the BC line, yay, more goat! Too bad they got rid of the funky colors. I love my midnight/agave Hadron anorak. I know the vintage/Excalibur was very popular.

Derek M.
    BPL Member

@dmusashe

Locale: Southern California

So what are talking about here? Sitting around camp with the Hadron anorak over a baselayer… comfortable to 30 degrees fahrenheit?

Scott Musack
    Spectator

@scottm

Locale: Oregon

I've worn it around camp with a mid-weight wool baselayer and beanie at around 35ish and been comfortable – but right on the edge. If I'm doing camp chores, then I'm very comfortable at near freezing. But just sitting doing nothing, I debate with myself on whether I should add another layer, but never do :)

And E
    Spectator

@lunchandynner

Locale: Pacific Northwest

I bought mine on geartrade in Late February, so haven't really had a chance to test it yet, but plan on doing plenty of trips this winter.

One thing that's interesting is that others have reported the Stoic Hadron Anorak size small as being under 7oz, but mine comes up at 7.4oz on my postal scale (which is accurate, and I have confirmed doing penny weight tests).

Maybe I got more down in mine (one can only hope!!)… The hood does seam very very puffy.

Anonymous
    Inactive

My experience somewhat parallels Scot's. Last time i used it, was early spring at SNP. I was wearing a thin, linen button up shirt, with a windshirt over it (no hat). The low got down to around freezing (a little above i think), and i was more or less comfortable just sitting around when i put the Hadron over these, but occasionally thought maybe i should put another layer on underneath. But i should mention that linen is a very cool fabric to begin with, and provides very little insulation.

If i had had a mid weight wool baselayer or some kind of thermal mid layer on, i would have been completely toasty.

It's definitely not for extreme cold, but for colder situations i have combined it with a warmer baselayer, a thermal mid layer (not too thick though), a warm hat/gloves, and a lightweight down vest.

It's efficient at using what down it does have, because of the hood and the anorak styling. Those are big pluses in my book.

Viewing 5 posts - 51 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools