I just received my Stoic Hadron Anorak today, size – large, color – Excalibur/Vintage.
First of all, the value on SAC is ridiculous. I am replacing a Western Mountaineering Flash jacket with this and after the SAC discount, it's less than half the price. It weighs 7 7/8 oz, with the tags still attached, in a large. As much as I like supporting small American manufacturers, I just couldn't pass up the Hadron.
I'm 5'10" and weigh 195-200, depending on the day, 42" chest, 34" jeans. The large, which Stoic specs at 38.8-41.6in chest size, actually has a lot of room for me in the chest and torso area. I think this will be ok, because the extra dead air will add to the insulation value and allow for a midweight layer underneath on extra cold days. I spoke with a BC rep online last night who mentioned that Stoic had adjusted sizing for the Hadron line – the large Hadron is the same chest size as a medium in other Stoic jackets. That said, I probably could go with a medium, if I really wanted, and haven't decided yet. The sleeves are spot-on. I usually take a 34" sleeve in dress shirts and the sleeves on the Hadron, which Stoic says are 34.4" long, are long enough that they don't ride up beyond the wrist when I raise my arms. Yes, the cuffs are a bit tight, but not overly so, and I don't think they'll be an issue.
As a direct comparison to the WM Flash, the Hadron is certainly up to snuff. I like having the drawstring bottom, which the Flash lacks. The Flash scores points on having the perfect elastic around the hood to seal in warmth around the face, and an extra ounce of fill. (WM says 3oz average, Stoic says 2oz) The two coats are made of the same Pertex Quantum, so fabric weight should be similar.
I'm having them send me a medium as well to compare.