Topic

4th Annual BPL GGG

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips 4th Annual BPL GGG

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 76 through 88 (of 88 total)
  • Author
    David Lutz

@davidlutz

Locale: Bay Area

There is no public transportation to the trailhead but it's not too far.

I'm sure you'll be able to get a ride, the airport is not too far out of the way….

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Locale: Way up North

Good to know David,

I just wnat to make sure I can definiley get to the trail head before I look at booking flights.

Frank H.
    BPL Member

@porker110

Locale: Oregon

any body in the Stanislaus/san Joaquin County area that would want to arrange a carpool? I live in Escalon

Bryce
    BPL Member

@antigroundhogday

Locale: Stamford, CT

Hello everyone! I just got back from the 1st NE BPL Meetup and I'm interesting in attending as many as possible from here on out. :)

I was wondering if this is more of a hike in and hang out kind of event while showing off gear? A hike in, base camp and do day hikes kind of thing? Or a full on hike in and stay in a different campsite each night type of thing? (How many miles / day are planned?)

I'd be in the "fly in and catch a ride camp" but wanted to get any idea of what y'all do for fun once the event starts.

Thanks!

Bryce

Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA

Bryce, Ken Thompson and I put this together. It is mainly a socializer with a little hiking thrown in. We show off gear, have contests, people check out gear, have a gear swap, and the best part, we make friends. This will be our 4th year of doing this, and each year it just gets bigger and bigger and better! If you can come out and see how we do things please do! There are 4 airports that will put you within spitting distance of the trailhead. Believe me, it is a lot of fun!

d k
    BPL Member

@dkramalc

I am getting hopeful about my plantar fasciitis – it seems to be showing teeny signs of recovery (finally, after 7 months!). Spent last week in Miami Beach and did short walks around town (1-2 miles) and on some beaches without too much pain afterwards. I think I'll start cautiously increasing that. If I can hike by Feb, I'm in!

Debbie

Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Hope so Debbie, you will have a lot of fun!

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

OK here we go.

What? BPL annual extravaganza

When? February 17-20 Presidents' Day Weekend.

Where? Henry Coe State Park

Who? BPLr's and their ilk

Why? Because it's so dang fun!

Comment? Feel free.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

AT HENRY COE

Erik Dietz
    BPL Member

@erikdtz

Hi Ken,

I'd be interested in going if there was room left. Let me know if you need anything from me to secure a spot.

Thanks,
    Erik

Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Erik, I cannot speak for the other Ken, but there is room and there is a small fee to attend to cover the cost that Ken Thompson has put forth. There are many others from the Southern California area coming up. Carpooling is an option. Please come, you will have a B-L-A-S-T!!

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

One last time. This years GGG is being held at Henry Coe State Park February 17-19 2012.

It was going to be at Cache Creek, but we changed for various reasons.

Viewing 13 posts - 76 through 88 (of 88 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools