Topic

3D-printer stands for air horn canister stove

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear 3D-printer stands for air horn canister stove

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Jan Rezac
    BPL Member

@zkoumal

Locale: Prague, CZ

I got one of the small canisters repurposed from an air horn to be used with a stove. This topic is discussed in another thread here.

I had no issue with the valve, and the only thing to solve was the stability of the setup. I designed and printed two stands. The smaller one weights about 3 grams / 0.1 oz, and works well enough on a solid surface. It’s “wingspan” is a little more than the pot supports on the BRS stove, so the base is as stable as the pot on the stove.

The one with a full round base is more stable and works better on uneven ground. At only 6 g / 0.2 oz, I think it’s the better way to go. The diameter matches the common 100g canister, so it fits into any pot designed to accommodate it. And making other sizes is easy.

matthew k

@matthewkphx

Those look great. The round one looks perfect and I like that it fits into the pot easily. This strikes me as an excellent use of 3D printing.

Jon Fong
    BPL Member

@jonfong

Locale: FLAT CAT GEAR

+1

Jan Rezac
    BPL Member

@zkoumal

If anyone wanted to print his own, here’s the openscad source code for the stand with the round base: https://pastebin.com/zX6pRW8Y

The dimensions can easily be customized by changing few key variables.

Kevin Babione
    BPL Member

@kbabione

Locale: Pennsylvania

Jan – Thank you for posting your creations.  My “Rezac Saw” got a lot of use this past weekend and the rest of the group was really impressed by both the functionality and how light it was.

John K
    BPL Member

@kaptainkriz

Very nice! Thank you for developing and sharing.

Tyler R
    BPL Member

@trex

+1 on this design!

I ended up cloning it in fusion 360 and modifying it to work with the wider falcon canisters as well as fit inside a pot I’ve been working on. Took it on a trip to the Cottonwood basin this past 3 day weekend and it’s perfect!

Jan, do you mind if I share an STL file of it?

Jan Rezac
    BPL Member

@zkoumal

Tyler, of course you can share your remake.

I’ve shared my design, and it comes as a parametric openscad code which can be easily adjusted for any canister and pot sizes.

Fifty Weekends
    BPL Member

@fiftyweekends

Jan this is so cool, I just printed one of these. Adjusted the canister size very slightly (was easy with openscad). I have an Evernew Companion Cup that I really like (I drink my coffee out of it most mornings), but it always bugged me that I couldn’t fit a 100g canister in it.

With this setup I have a stable cookset that all fits down into the tiny companion cup: Air horn + stand, BRS stove, bic-mini, lightload towel and a folding spork.

packed

unpacked

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!