Topic

How about a hammock forum?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support Website & Forum Support How about a hammock forum?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 51 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Sean Griffin

@griffins

Sub 1 lb hammock kit. This includes suspension, ridgeline, tarp, hammock and bug net.

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20115

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

These last few post should be moved to our new hammock forum. Oh yeah, where is it? Do any of the powers that be actually read the forum/ admin. support forum? Been awfully quiet upstairs… I know nag, nag.

George Matthews
    BPL Member

@gmatthews

Hi Isaac,

Great info.

Until we get the Hammock forum on BPL. Why don't we all just keep using this spot.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

We'll force it on them then. Please continue!

George Phoenix

@perrito

Locale: Joisey

FWIW, I'm in support of a new hammock forum too.

8-)

Addie Bedford
    BPL Member

@addiebedford

Locale: Montana

Rather than contribute to a debate that I'm woefully uneducated on, I've decided to respond to the one person who PM'ed me and asked, politely, for a hammock forum. After consulting with Dr. J, here's what we came up with:

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/index.html

It's in Off Piste. Go nuts!

Andrew King

@drewboy

Locale: Arizona

That's great Addie! Now we know who to go to when we really want to get something done ;) Thanks again.

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

Hammock use is backpacking gear (shelter/sleeping system) and not an off piste activity. BPL published SUL articles on it. My 1 cents ; ).

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Thanks Addie and BPL. As the one who wrote Addie about getting this done, I also suggested that it go on the Off Piste section. Granted the hammock is a shelter/sleeping system. A lot has happened since those articles were published also. But since no sub forum exists for that either, G Spot only. There is a whole subset of hammock specific gear(like for packrafting, photography, etc) like hammock types; bridge, gathered end, netting attached, netting separate, etc..) Underquilts, suspension types,and components. Nacrabiners, soft shackles, ucr, specialty tarps, etc.. It just seemed like the best place for it. I'm sure that now that it is here we'll make good use of it. Thanks again.

Viewing 9 posts - 51 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools