Topic

WM Flash vest sale

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals WM Flash vest sale

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    Barbara Karagosian
    Spectator

@barbara

Locale: So Cal

At [email protected]
    Black or brown WM down Flash vests for $84.99, sizes S,M and L

aaron schmidt

@aschmidt

Locale: pacific northwest

great deal! picked up a medium and some WA maps for $95 shipped.

use code APRIL10 for $10 dollars off an order of $50 or more.
    free shipping for orders $99 and over

Jeff Moody

@bigtiki

I looked all over for sizing info. I do not know if I need L or XL. Any help? Thanks.

Wayne Burke
    BPL Member

@three5s

Locale: Bluegrass

ordered a vest & used the code Thanks.

Barbara Karagosian
    Spectator

@barbara

Locale: So Cal

I couldn't find any sizing info anywhere at all, but asked here about it and someone said he usually wears a L in other clothing, and the WM L was good for him too. May depend on whether you're wearing the vest over or under another jacket or layer.

Eugene Smith
    BPL Member

@eugeneius

Locale: Nuevo Mexico

While the vest is quite nice, it is their drastically reduced price on the WM Flash Jacket that has me drooling.

WM Flash Jacket $149.99!

WM Flash Jacket

Gary Dunckel
    BPL Member

@zia-grill-guy

Locale: Boulder

So do you suppose they're sold out of the Flash vests? I can't find them on their site (just womens').

Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

seriously +1 Eugene, someone jump on that! M and L available as of this post

Eric Falk
    Spectator

@zerolimit

Couldn't resist. Thanks for the post. I wanted this jacket and usually miss these types of sales. $140 with the e-mail registration.

Sean Walashek

@caraz

Locale: bay area

whatta deal! I just hope i'm a M and not a large. fingers crossed it ships.

Jack Bauer

@mclovin

great deal on the flash jacket, since wm rarely go on sale.

Ike Mouser

@isaac-mouser

what would you guys estimate is the temp rating on such a jacket with a merino baselayer under and windshirt over? i plan on using it in conjunction with a JRB no sniveller quilt(worn) for the coldest conditions, and using it through fall/early spring for cooler conditions.

Jack Bauer

@mclovin

I just received an email from them.

Thanks for your interest in the Western Mountaineering M's Flash Jacket.
    Unfortunately we are completely sold out. We've had a lot of orders come in for this item all at once; I've never seen anything like it. I'm curious,where did you hear about our store?

Your credit card has not been charged. If you have any questions, or need anything else, please let us know.

Thanks,

Jackie
    Bill and Pauls Sporthaus

Jeff Patrick
    BPL Member

@callmeammo

I bought one last night, got buyers remorse (already have a montbell and there are so many better things to spend 140 on) so I called in to cancel today and got the news.
    I mentioned backpackinglight and she acted like she'd heard of it before, but she did sound surprised as the turnout. Might be hearing more from them at this website if they're smart.

So it worked out well for me but sorry to the rest of you.

Gary Dunckel
    BPL Member

@zia-grill-guy

Locale: Boulder

I just received the same e-mail. Suck-o

Anonymous
    Inactive

So much potential all just lost in one swoop of poor inventory control/monitoring with the website. It should have been up to date enough to realize it was out of stock before allowing several of us to put orders in when they were already sold out.

Robert Carver
    BPL Member

@rcarver

Locale: Southeast TN

Just received the same email from them that they were sorry for being out of stock.

Richard Nisley
    BPL Member

@richard295

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

Issac,

The Flash measures an Iclo of 2.28. The base layer combination you described is about 1 clo. So, the average 30 year old male would be thermo-neutral, while doing camp chores and protected from the wind, at ~34F.

Eric Falk
    Spectator

@zerolimit

Got the email and they're not getting any more in either, summer merchandise

Jackie M

@billandpaulssporthaus

Locale: Bill and Pauls Sporthaus

To Peter and all the backpacking light members who shopped our site this weekend for the Western Mountaineering products, Thanks!!!

Bill & Paul’s has been selling backcountry gear for almost 50 years and has learned how to handle a wide range of customer service issues over that time. However we have been retailing on-line for a just a few years and have never seen anything like this. There were 30 of you who jumped on these deals after the initial post, which speaks volumes to the passion of your group.

We apologize to the majority of you who placed orders we couldn’t fill. Peter is justified in his feelings about our technology not being able to keep up with the load on the system. Because this is the first time we’ve experienced this type of volume for a single item we had no idea we’d have an issue like this. We are working with our system support team to keep this from happening again.

Our on-line store staff is pretty excited to have been singled out by you guys like this and we hope we continue to be a source of gear and information to you all in the future.

Once again thanks and have a great spring/summer outdoor season.

Bill & Paul’s Sporthaus

Jack Bauer

@mclovin

I am curious,

How many of the flash jackets do you guy have it stock before it was sold out?

Thanks

Jackie M

@billandpaulssporthaus

Locale: Bill and Pauls Sporthaus

We had 3 Men's Flash Jackets in stock. They sold to the first 3 customers. All we have left right now is the Western Mountaineering W's Flash Vest in Black: 1 Small and 2 Mediums, and 1 Plum Large W's Flash Jacket. The vest is $89.99 and the jacket is $149.99.

Wayne Burke
    BPL Member

@three5s

Locale: Bluegrass

got the bad news today. NO vest or jacket for me- ordered both getting neither.

Jack Bauer

@mclovin

Hi jackie,

How many of the women flash jacket do you have in stock?

http://shop.billandpauls.com/istar.asp?a=6&id=WFLASHJKT!WESTE

I don't want to order it and receive the same email as before.

thanks

Sean Walashek

@caraz

Locale: bay area

Bill and Paul's honor the sale price to everyone that put in orders before the site reflected out of stock. It might mean placing a large order with WM and taking a small loss but will make a big difference in how the company is viewed and customer satisfaction.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 75 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools