Topic

NB Fugu down jackt $119

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals NB Fugu down jackt $119

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 76 through 80 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    josh wagner

@stainlesssteel

why would he want green in afghanistan?

Bruce Comens

@appennino

I am moving to Bhutan next month, and looking for gear to take, including a warmer down jacket. This seems great (perhaps too warm?), but I wonder about the size.

I'm 5'10'' 170 lbs, and normally take a medium, except in Montbell and MH, where a large fits better (though the sleeves are too long). Would I be OK with a Large Short in the Fugu?

Alternatively, I'm sure it would be possible to get alterations done very economically in Bhutan – would it be possible to get the waist and torso taken in if needed?

Henry Blake
    BPL Member

@dragon

Locale: Minnesota

My XXL Red Fugu has a cinch waist cord sewn in so that you can tighten the waist if need be.

b s
    BPL Member

@smyth

I'm ~5'11", 170 lbs and ended up liking the medium (Reg) best. I tried a medium (Tall) but the torso was just too long (I actually liked the longer sleeves on the Tall though). I can't imagine layering too much under my Fugu, so I'd think you'd be good with medium; however, I never tried a Short so can't provide input on the torso/sleeve length of that size.

Bruce Comens

@appennino

Thanks for the quick responses! I should have said, I have a choice between a Large Short or a Medium Tall. So neither is going to be a perfect fit…

Viewing 5 posts - 76 through 80 (of 80 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools