Topic

Ultralight Rifle

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Ultralight Rifle

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 176 through 177 (of 177 total)
  • Author
    Matt Donovan

@statikpunk

Locale: Northern Nevada

hey everyone, this is my first post on this forum but I have been lurking for a long time.
    anyway it just so happens that I have a bit of info that i dont think has been mentioned yet.

I also enjoy (supplementing/replacing) my backpacking meals with wild game. along with my tenkara rod I also take a S&W 317 22LR revolver, it has a three inch barrel so its fairly accurate but still highly packable. it weighs just shy of 12 oz but if you replace the stock grip with one of the shorter ones that smith makes for the j frame revolvers, it cuts that down to 11 oz even.
    plus it holds 8 shots, that can be fired rapidly in case of an emergency. i think the S&W 317 is the best trail gun there is whether your an ultralight backpacker or a hunter looking for a light back-up handgun.
    sorry if the 317 has already been mentioned, i read the bulk of the threads on the pak rifle and never saw it get mentioned. so i decided to join finally and mention it.
    all that being said i think Im still gonna have to get a pak-rifle…."sigh" such is the life of an ultralight gun nut :)
    I really love light guns and I have one for every occasion it seems like. :)

kevin smith

@divr6347

i would think the kel-tec su 16 is what i would go after
    in .223 but this is only because im a gun guy and have seen it in action great backpacking rifle although i do not carry a gun in the backcountry for the most part

divr6347

Viewing 2 posts - 176 through 177 (of 177 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools