Topic

Canyonlands NP – Peekaboo Canyon & Salt Creek to Angel Arch

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Canyonlands NP – Peekaboo Canyon & Salt Creek to Angel Arch

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jesse Gibbs

@jessewg

Locale: Northern California

As part of a recent 1-week trip through AZ and UT, I spent a day hiking in the Needles District of Canyonlands NP.

For those folks who haven't heard of Canyonlands, I really think it's one of the hidden gems among southern Utah's national parks! The whole time I was there, I felt as if I was in an environment straight out of the Flintstones!

The hike I did was a one-day out and back to Angel Arch, starting from the Squaw Flat campground. Total mileage for this route is ~35 miles round trip. The great thing about hiking Salt Creek is that it's pretty flat and there is abundant water in the springtime.

You can check out my photos from the hike here:http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=74337&id=716677430&ref=nf

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

Facebook requires a login.

Doug Johnson
    BPL Member

@djohnson

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Great pics- I love that spot! Thanks for sharing.

Facebook is free- enjoy!

Tom Clark
    BPL Member

@tomclark

Locale: East Coast

Everyone should go there sometime to see the sights. Thanks for the photos.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools