– Middle aged (if I live to 100) Materials Scientist
– Hiked mostly on Appalachian Trail in TN, NC, VA, PA, NY, & VT. Some memorable trips to Yosemite, The Presidential Range, Moab, Zion, The Superstitions, and portions of the PCT in the Cascades (The Three Sisters).
– Completed the John Muir Trail in 2014 with 14 lbs base.
– Started backpacking in 1992, switched to lightweight ~1999.
– Currently using tarp, bivy sack, & quilt.
– Base summer weight ~8-10 lbs.
– Some photos from previous trips http://www.flickr.com/photos/tomclark1/