Topic

Let’s talk about the whiz freedom

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Let’s talk about the whiz freedom

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    Angela Zukowski

@angelaz

Locale: New England

I mean really ladies? Is this REALLY necessary?

I kind of feel like this is .5 oz of ridiculousness.

Matt Lutz

@citystuckhiker

Locale: Midwest

Imagine the style points!

Diplomatic Mike

@mikefaedundee

Locale: Under a bush in Scotland

In the UK it's called the Shewee and is popular at outdoor rock festivals. The girls just line up with the guys at the urinals. I guess the lines are too long for the private cubicles. :)

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

For some maybe. I couldn't care less. I see no point in it personally though I know people who like similar ones. It is definitely a HYOH thing.

Angela Zukowski

@angelaz

Locale: New England

Ok, genius for at concerts, I will concede that point…
    also climbing if you're on a big wall. I will give it that concession as well. But I think in the wilderness I will stick with the tried and true squat. While I see the usefulness in random situations, it doesn't really seem to add any ease to daily backpacking routines.

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

te – wa
    BPL Member

@mikeinfhaz

Locale: Phoenix

you'll finally be able to write your name in the dirt!
    i cannot imagine the childish snickering at the auto garage when ol' Andy unwittingly uses this as an oil funnel…

Russell Swanson

@rswanson

Locale: Midatlantic

My wife tried it. On the first use she ignored the cardinal guy's rule about wind speed and direction and that caused a minor mishap.

Kendall Clement
    BPL Member

@socalpacker

Locale: Cebu, Philippines

"My wife tried it. On the first use she ignored the cardinal guy's rule about wind speed and direction and that caused a minor mishap."

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL I'd pay good money to witness that one! Definitely worth the price of admission.

Lynn Tramper

@retropump

Locale: The Antipodes of La Coruna

If you are quite happy to continue squatting, then why not save yourself the money and 15g?

For me there are enough benefits to justify both. Not needing to drop my kit when it's biting cold or wet, or swarming with biting insects is brilliant. No need to take off pack. No need to 'dry off' with something (eg toilet paper). It makes it 100 times easier to pee into a small necked bottle or can in an emergency….!

Anonymous
    Inactive

This little gadget sounds like just the ticket for women mountaineers. No more squatting in a blizzard or stumbling into the night to take a whiz. Now they can do it standing up and use pee bottles at night, just like the guys. Myself, I just bought 1000 shares of Nalgene.

ben wood

@benwood

Locale: flatlands of MO

being a guy i guess it is up to the girl?

but after reading this thread it makes me glad to have the "whiz freedom" already ummm… handled without any extra weight.

Anonymous
    Inactive

"but after reading this thread it makes me glad to have the "whiz freedom" already ummm… handled without any extra weight"

I dunno, Ben. My guess is 999 times out of 1000 a girl carrying one of these gizmos at 14 grams is packing less weight to achieve the function than a guy. YMMV of course. :-}

Sharon Bingham
    BPL Member

@cowboisgirl-2

Locale: Southwest

LOL – this is hilarious.

To the OP, I'm betting that you've never tried a device like this. If you had, I can't imagine this question even popping into your head.

Seriously? Yes. Seriously.

If I had a dime for every rock I've tried to cantilever myself out over just to avoid the "splash back" effect caused by my stream landing anywhere near my feet or my pant-legs (like it will if you just squat)…

It's an absolute GENIUS device, and I'd be loathe to take a ROAD trip without it, let alone head out into the great outdoors…

Nate Meinzer

@rezniem

Locale: San Francisco

" I'd pay good money to witness that one! Definitely worth the price of admission."

Uhhh…I'd pay good money not to!

Lynn Tramper

@retropump

Oh yeah, I forgot about the splashback! And how else would a girl ever get to learn what it feels like to pee on an electric fence?

Chris Chastain
    Spectator

@thangfish

Locale: S. Central NC, USA

Don't they make one a little, uh…

bigger?

wink smiley

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Great. Now I have to go google this……..

Chris Chastain
    Spectator

@thangfish

Locale: S. Central NC, USA

> Great. Now I have to go google this……..

Just look in the BPL gear shop.

Lynn Tramper

@retropump

"I dunno, Ben. My guess is 999 times out of 1000 a girl carrying one of these gizmos at 14 grams is packing less weight to achieve the function than a guy. YMMV of course. :-}"

Yeah, but at the penalty of having to carry excess mammary tissue ;)

Dan Cunningham

@mn-backpacker

Locale: Land of 12,000 Loons

Yeah, but at the penalty of having to carry excess mammary tissue ;)

Well… I've seen plenty of dudes with that problem. ;)

Al V
    BPL Member

@sparkman

Locale: The Great White North, eh!

LOL This is the funniest thread I've read in a long time. Funny thing is I bought one for my wife. As a gag, I put it on top of her birthday present a couple of months ago. Should have seen the look she gave me… "This better not be my real present". Luckily the real present got me out of the doghouse real quick ;-)

Cheers
    Al

PS She doesn't want to use it, so I'll have to show her this thread.

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

So where do you get these? My wife works out in the field, and bathrooms (and the lack thereof) are always a problem. And it does what to mammary tissue?

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Locale: East Bay

Joe they sell them in BPL Gear shop.

Linda Vassallo

@eastbayhiker

Locale: Eastbay

REI carries them also+called Freshette

Cheers
    LV

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 68 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools