Topic

Cuben Stuffsack – Bonded

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Cuben Stuffsack – Bonded

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 101 through 103 (of 103 total)
  • Author
    Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

ziff…yeah I'll post my thoughts on this soon.

Regarding taping straight, I found that my skills in applying the tape precisely improved rapidly as I experimented. My first couple seams weren't that great, but the last few were really good.

It's hard to really describe the technique I've come up with, but I'll try to explain. I don't cut off a big piece of tape. I keep the tape on the roll and unroll it as I go. I keep the roll of tape upright between my knees and then I use both hands to align it. I'm also kneeling on the cuben to hold it in place, and my one hand is also holding the cuben in place and handling the tape. I work slowly (ie. 2 min for a 15" seam) and I press it down very lightly at first so I can still lift it up if I'm not happy. The tape is getting slightly off course I stop, lift the last up the last inch or two and correct it, rather than trying to curve it back onto the correct path.

Chris Lucas

@cheme

Locale: SC

Having not yet tried this please take my idea with a grain of salt, but if doing long straight sections I would not hesitate to first set up a jig or at least a fence which would hold down the cuben and give me a guide that I could roll out the tape against. I've done enough woodworking to know that a well made jig is often the difference between a hack job and a beautiful finished product.

ziff house

@mrultralite

Sounds like the tape is pretty stong, if its works in practice thats good enough.
    Steve, i'll be in touch when the Ti arrives.

Viewing 3 posts - 101 through 103 (of 103 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools