I have a very different perspective about Fibraplex poles.
If you see the reviews above, I tested them to failure (see the extremely tight arch I created before they snapped) and have now used them extensively in 3 seperate tents (BD Lighthouse, Gossamer Gear/Tarptent Squall Classic, and Terra Nova Laser Competition). After years of using them in extreme conditions (high winds on an exposed ridge above Camp Sherman on Rainer, for example), I can only report one failure in the field.
That failure was when I lent the tent out and failed to explain to my friend the deal with these poles. Here it is:
They are wicked strong IF you get the fully seated. You must fully seat them to achieve full strength. If you don't pay attention and get them to fully seat (not hard, but you do have to check) then you put force on the weaker ferrules. When fully seated, they are very strong, although not as STIFF as Easton FX poles or heavy aluminum poles (but on par with the stiffness of DAC poles).
But if you know how to handle these poles (and again, I have many, many nights with these poles and no breakages under my care), you will be very happy with their performance. I would buy them for nearly any tent and have on several occasions.
That said, I HAVE snapped an Easton FX poles in the field (fell on the tent- idiotic move) as well as an aluminum section (high winds). I've bent aluminum poles on several occasions. Based on this record, I would say that the Fibraplex poles are quite strong when used properly. But like any carbon fiber product, these will break rather than bend when pushed to failure.
Best, Doug