Topic

REI 50% off .83

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals REI 50% off .83

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 51 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Jim Sweeney
    BPL Member

@swimjay

Locale: Northern California

When I was in REI, Berkeley, CA last night, I bought a ED7. It had obviously been taken out, and re-stuffed imperfectly. But the price was 49.83 plus tax.

There was still one left in the bin, out of its stuff/inflator sack. I didn't notice if the sack was also in the bin. If anyone's interested, they could call REI. The store's number is 510-527-4140.

Also, the Concord, CA, store and the Corte Madera, CA, store each had, a day or so ago, two Hobitat 4 vestibules each, at about $35. plus tax, in case anyone else got a cheap Hotitat 4 and wants to add the vestibule. The footprint is, I think, still available online for 14.83.

The Hobitat 4 looks like a great base camp tent, at the sale price, as long as you only have to carry it a few feet from a parking lot–very upright, w/ good head room.

Mina Loomis
    BPL Member

@elmvine

Locale: Central Texas

If you are in central Texas, or if you are near an REI somewhere else and don't mind paying shipping for a store-mailout, the Austin (Gateway) had several Exped Downmats (7's & 9's) still on the clearance table, and also several Hobitat 4 vestibules. Also some REI Nooksacks–40 degree synthetic sleeping bags. And three Sierra Designs Origami 4 tarps. I don't remember the exact prices but they are all 83 cent stuff so probably about 30% of the original list price. I work there part time & spent the afternoon keeping this stuff organized on the clearance table. In our market, fewer people deal regularly with cold weather. I expect the high R-value dowmats are a less familiar product, so they aren't moving very fast.

Also, they told us this morning that the REI Superclearance has been extended to February 2.

Bryce Nerland

@bnerland

Locale: Southeast

Got two Exped Downmat 7 DLX pads from the Austin store by calling in my order. Thanks so much for the tip Mina. Now my wife and I will be resting easy in the backcountry. I think there are more left if anyone else was interested in them. I think it was 59.83 each+ about $12.00 shipping for the two of them.

Viewing 3 posts - 51 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools