Topic

REI 50% off .83

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals REI 50% off .83

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Joe Geib
    BPL Member

@joegeib

Locale: Delaware & Lehigh Valleys

They have been updating the posted prices to reflect the deep discount. Some things I wanted were $104.83, and went to 50% off that when put in my cart. Other things, like Mistral Gaiters, had the updated price on the product page. They'll eventually get to all these things.

Basically, price in shopping cart should be final.

Dave T

@davet

Rod Guajardo

@rod_g-2-2

Locale: Central Texas

Placed my order and got the discount this afternoon. Picked up some Peak Poles for myself and a couple gifts at great prices.

Order

Joe Geib
    BPL Member

@joegeib

I got the following:

REI Peak UL Carbon Compact Trekking Poles (wife)
    REI Peak UL Carbon Trekking Poles
    REI Spruce Run Jacket
    Patagonia Warm One Beanie
    Injinji Running Gloves
    REI Mistral Gaiters
    REI Nevis Jacket (wife)

Matt Lutz

@citystuckhiker

Locale: Midwest

50% off 0.83 items not working for me, either – I'm plotting against all of you as soon as that extra discount kicks in.

Joe Geib
    BPL Member

@joegeib

As I said before, there may not be any "extra discounts" when you put items in your cart, as many (if not most) items have had their prices reduced on the front end (the item page) by this point.

If you were looking last night/earlier this week and noted that the current/cart price is no different, then there is an issue.

Timothy Haley

@trhaley

Locale: Pacific Northwest

sadly, the exped downmat sold out before I could get my order in.

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Locale: Southwest

I keep looking at the Hobitat and vestibule. I've got a nice big car tent, but it's several years old, and has a low door. I need to be strong……

Jim W.
    BPL Member

@jimqpublic

Locale: So-Cal

Broker than I was this morning.

Got two pair of trekking poles for the kids at $15 each.
    Got a pair of carbon +shock absorber trekking poles for me at $55. I may also order the Leki Super Makalu instead- even though they're way heavier I really liked the pair I borrowed for the JMT last summer. I'm just bummed they're still $80.

Then logged back in
    Got two REI Lite-Core 1.5 Self-Inflating Pad – Short for the kids at $17 each.
    Also two different pads for me to decide between:
    Pacific Outdoor Equipment AO Aero Mtn Pad – 72×20 (Women's) $39.83
    Pacific Outdoor Equipment AO Aero Mtn Pad – 48X20 $34.83
    Considered the Exped Downmat instead but stuck with self-inflating.

Timothy Hortberg

@thortberg

I like everyone else it seems got a compact carbon trekking poles for my wife and a regular pair for myself. 2 for 1.
    Gotta Run
    Tim

Pamela Wyant

@riverrunner

Got a bunch of misc. stuff for car camping, and a curious buy, a micro SD card with a converter that makes it fit in a regular SD slot. Should be handy for my Blackberry for extra pictures or videos of the grandkids.

Andrew Richardson

@arichardson6

Locale: North East

What's up with the peak UL poles. They have lichen left? What does that mean? Is it just the color?

I want to try and grab a pair for my girlfriend!

Edit: Also, the site isn't working

Joe Geib
    BPL Member

@joegeib

I think lichen is just the color.

Andrew Richardson

@arichardson6

Locale: North East

Coo…That's what I figured. Thanks for confirming!

Jim Sweeney
    BPL Member

@swimjay

Locale: Northern California

One of the great things about this site is the enormous number of ways one can get into trouble. I also got a set of the trekking poles, rationalizing that none of rest of my current 47 pairs of poles would go easily on an airplane.

BTW, I checked with REI, and it turns out that the poles are actually made with recycled lichen. Yes, there are some structural compromises, but the designers felt the ecological benefits outweighed them. It's all part of the captive reindeer breeding program.

Matt Lutz

@citystuckhiker

It was slim pickings at my local REI – I did walk away with a MH Monkeyman pull over for about a 75% discount, but I failed to get a six month jump-start on b-day gifts for the gf.

Dave T

@davet

Elana McKernan

@mckernae

I got the last REI Sub Kilo 15 deg. woman's bag in the store. 2 lbs for 85 bucks! Probably not the highest quality, but for an entry-level backpacking bag, it does the trick!

Jim W.
    BPL Member

@jimqpublic

Locale: So-Cal

And we're now broke.

I feel bad. I'll probably return at least half of what I ordered. I blame it on the "limited quantities clearance sale".

I ordered a REI Sub Kilo 15 degree woman's Long bag too. I'm not sure if it will be roomy enough for me- I think it claims 57" at the shoulder. I'm 5'9" and about 175 pounds.

Steven Nelson
    BPL Member

@slnsf

I found three downmats at the Berkeley REI; I'll likely only keep one or two, so if anyone is interested in purchasing one (a 7 short, 7 regular and 7 DLX), let me know.

They also had a couple of Arc'teryx Naos 55 packs for a great price; I had one in my hands but decided to let someone else who was drooling have it :-)

Joe Geib
    BPL Member

@joegeib

I may be interested in the downmat. Specifically which downmat is this (reviews?). How much was it?

Dave .
    BPL Member

@ramapo

I'll take one of those down mats, please!

Bryce Nerland

@bnerland

Locale: Southeast

I would love to get my hands on a downmat 7 DLX. Sent PM.

Steven Nelson
    BPL Member

@slnsf

Didn't know this would strike such a chord!

I've received a number of requests via PM and will get in touch with anyone who wrote; I'm afraid I'll only have one or two to sell.

Steven Nelson
    BPL Member

@slnsf

Thanks for all the responses regarding the Downmats – I ended up having one to pass along, and it's gone to the first person who responded. If I spot any more out there, I'll post again.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools