Topic

Christmas Gear!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Christmas Gear!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 51 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Mina Loomis
    BPL Member

@elmvine

Locale: Central Texas

SMD Gatewood Cape!

Shane B
    BPL Member

@shanebeers

I got a $50 gift credit card from my GF's dad and immediately went and got the DromLite and hydration tube – total of $50.45. :)

Erik Graf

@vango

Locale: Southeast

Mina:

You're going to love that thing. I've had mine for a couple of years. The only thing I haven't had to endure with it yet is snow (not really meant for that though). You definitely will want to practice pitching it a few times in the yard before you head out on the trail with it. Also will want to wear it as a poncho with your pack on (snap up the sides) and see if it will drag the ground any. If it does grab a bunch of it from the inside and stick it in your waist band or pocket and it'll raise it off the ground.

Next on my list is bug netting – last trip I went on I had the odd critter visting me (S.E. North Carolina is why). The only issue I had with this was when I was crossing Flattop Mtn. in RMNP I was using it as a poncho and the pocket kept filling up with water – not sure how it was happening.

Mark Jones
    BPL Member

@hibisk55

Locale: The Back of Beyond

Gossamer Gear Light Trek 4 poles.

SWEET!

Randall Dee
    BPL Member

@speyguy

Locale: Cascadia

I bought myself a Montbell Alpine Light mens down jacket. On sale at OR Mountain Community for $125 (includes shipping if needed).Nice deal.

Viewing 5 posts - 51 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools