Topic

Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Pads

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Pads

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 427 total)
  • Author
    John Carter

@jcarter1

Locale: Pacific Northwest

When I use my SMD Starlite, I fold up my BA Insulated Air Core, and add to that a GG SitLight. This is enough to create a frame.

Sam .

@samurai

Locale: NEPA

Looks like BCG is starting to ship. I just got a tracking number.

Denis Hazlewood
    BPL Member

@redleader

Locale: Northern California

Sam,
    Now you've done it. I won't be able to sleep tonight.

Nia Schmald
    BPL Member

@nschmald

I got the ups notice from BCG as well. I also got an update from rei that they won't ship until 4/24 for an order placed on 3/15. Interesting, I thought rei was supposed to get them first.

Denis Hazlewood
    BPL Member

@redleader

Nia,
    Is BCG actually shipping you a NeoAir? I ordered one from them but haven't gotten any notice yet. I'd like to have mine for a trip on April 24-26.

Monty Montana
    BPL Member

@tarasbulba

Locale: Rocky Mountains

Gleen, if you feel you need some sort of framesheet, find an abandoned political campaign sign – the ones made of corrugated plastic – and cut to size. They're surprisingly light, probably around 60g for a cut down piece, and are fairly ridged along the axis, yet sufficiently flexible, too. In addition, it can be used as a stable, flat platform for your canister stove (esbit and alcohol might melt the plastic), or as a prep table.

Nia Schmald
    BPL Member

@nschmald

Denis, I think it's a neoair I'm getting. I didn't get a packing list with the email, but it's the only thing I ordered. I'll find out on Monday. I ordered on 1/27.

Wesley Witt
    Spectator

@weswitt

Locale: Northwest

Mine shipped yesterday and will have it Monday. I can't wait to check it out.

Mary D
    BPL Member

@hikinggranny

Locale: Gateway to Columbia River Gorge

I checked BCG–their website says their first shipment is sold out, and there will be no more until June.

I prefer to get the NeoAir from REI because there's a good chance I'll return the thing. I'd also like to try it out in the store before deciding if I even want to bother purchasing it on trial. If it's not at least as comfortable as the pad I have (POE insulated air pad) I ain't spending the $$$. A good night's sleep is worth a lot more than half a pound less on my back.

Denis Hazlewood
    BPL Member

@redleader

I just spoke with BCG and was told that their first shipment (the one that's sold out) was for regular and small size only. They were scheduled to receive this shipment in early April, but it came in early.

The next shipment, due in "early April", will have other sizes that were ordered. My order was for the medium (66") and I am number one in line for that size.

I will look into getting one from REI and go from there. I agree with Mary that the REI return policy makes it worth investigating.

Monty Montana
    BPL Member

@tarasbulba

Locale: Rocky Mountains

Went to REI today to get rid of my dividend check. They were all out of the Neos in the store but had 9 left in the warehouse, size small, which is what I was looking for. With the 20% discount coupon it came to $104 and it'll be here on Monday…cool! (Hey, just do'n my part to support the economy).

Denis Hazlewood
    BPL Member

@redleader

Shop On dude.

Mark Bishop
    BPL Member

@mark_b

Locale: Northwest (WA)

Monty,

Thanks for the heads-up on this, I just ordered a small size from REI and got the 20% discount as well. I was told they have 7 left…

Denis Hazlewood
    BPL Member

@redleader

I called REI 800, to ask about the NeoAir Medium. They said they only had regular and small, but were expecting "other sizes" in a few weeks. REI Santa Rosa doesn't have any NeoAirs at all and doesn't know when they'll be getting any.

I guess we should have all been emailing and calling Cascade Designs for the past three months, instead of "preaching to the choir" here at BPL.

Sam .

@samurai

"I guess we should have all been emailing and calling Cascade Designs for the past three months, instead of "preaching to the choir" here at BPL."

Actually, it looks like Cascade Designs started delivery ahead of schedule… unless I missed something (it's still March here in PA). Getting antsy?

Denis Hazlewood
    BPL Member

@redleader

"Getting antsy?"

WELL, YES! I need my "new gear" fix. I don't want to start cruising REI, buying stuff I not only don't need, but don't even want.

Jared Cook

@rooinater

Locale: Northwet

so which # do i need to call to order one? called the seattle store and they were like can't find them, can't order them…

Hught
    BPL Member

@hught

1-800-426-4840
    If they still have 7 left something is wrong…..oh-oh:-)

Sean Mantell

@seanmantell

Locale: SoCal

What size are you guys getting. I can't decide between the small and the regular. I'll probably end up spending a hour rolling from one pad to another at REI.

Nia Schmald
    BPL Member

@nschmald

I'm getting the regular. I find it uncomfortable to have my feet 2 1/2 inches below the rest of my body. On a thin foam pad the height drop is so small it doesn't matter. I previously tried a shorter IAC and didn't like it.

Jared Cook

@rooinater

Locale: Northwet

I got a small! REI has 3 left. They said they didn't have any cause it wasn't on the online store, but they did a stock check via the part number and found 4 smalls in stock. 38 bucks after 20% off and applying my dividend. which is why I wanted to order now rather than later. I'll have it by friday.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Open, open, open! Has anyone ordered a large? Denis when did you place your order?

Denis Hazlewood
    BPL Member

@redleader

Ken,
    It was in late January. It's on backorder at Backcountry Gear. They say they should have it by the first week in April. I'm even crossing my eyes.

Sam .

@samurai

Ken,
    I ordered a regular and a large from BCG on 12/31. Looks like the regular has shipped, but not the large.

Pamela Wyant

@riverrunner

These pads are so light that a regular which is 6" longer than a medium only weighs an ounce more. I figure the extra ounce is worth it for the comfort and warmth of not having my feet overhanging the pad.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 427 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools