Topic

Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Pads

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Pads

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 427 total)
  • Author
    Sean Mantell

@seanmantell

Locale: SoCal

Well, I went ahead and ordered a regular while I could use the 20 percent off code. Hopefully it will live up to the hype.

Ross Bleakney
    BPL Member

@rossbleakney

Locale: Cascades

These NeoAir pads are selling like Tickle-Me-Elmo dolls :)

I ordered one online at REI.com and had it delivered to the Seattle store. Who knows when it will get there, but I was able to get my 20% off. My wife tried to get a Medium (5'6") but the website says "unavailable". Not "backorder", but "unavailable" (which means, instead of "we'll get one to you as soon as we get one in the store", it is "please don't even talk to us about that yet"). Oh well, she used her 20% off on a cheaper item (winter gators).

Diana R
    BPL Member

@mysticmoose-2

Locale: Great Lakes region

I didn't even realize that REI had them in yet… When I called the 800 number, they told me that they're completely out of stock, and the next shipment on backorder is spoken for as well. :( She said they might start taking backorders again in a few weeks, and watching the website was the best way to go.

Looks like my dividend is going to stay unspent for a little while longer…

Brian Maier

@bmaier

"When I called the 800 number, they told me that they're completely out of stock, and the next shipment on backorder is spoken for as well"

I got the same response yesterday. Whats that they say about patience…its a virtue or something.

Jared Cook

@rooinater

Locale: Northwet

They were out of all the sizes except the small when I called them. They weren't on their site but they were in their warehouse inventory for the smalls. I called nearly when they opened the lines saturday morning and secured one of the 4 small pads left. Can't wait till friday!

John Carter

@jcarter1

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Just got the same news over the phone: backorder shipment already sold out. She also did mention that REI's anniversary sale is later in Spring (May?) with a 20% off one item coupon, which should give enough time for the early reviews to arrive, while still being early enough to use for the backpacking season. I can still use my dividend then… assuming they are in stock in May.

Sean Mantell

@seanmantell

My local REI told me that the Seattle store was the only store that has them in stock. I had to call them and order directly from the Seattle store. That was the only way I could take advantage of the 20 percent discount. They had another 7 available, so if you call today you might still be able to get one. I had to pay $10 for shipping but I still saved an additional $20. Here is the store number. The discount expires today, by the way.

Seattle Flagship
    222 Yale Ave N
    Seattle, WA 98109
    (206) 223-1944
    (888) 873-1938

Neo-Air Item Code:
    781 096 0018

Brad Fisher
    Spectator

@wufpackfn

Locale: NC/TN/VA Mountains

I ordered a regular from Mountaingear.com yesterday and the shipment date says 4/6.

Jared Cook

@rooinater

"My local REI told me that the Seattle store was the only store that has them in stock. I had to call them and order directly from the Seattle store."

that's odd, when i called the seattle store on friday they told me they didn't have any… I called them since i was driving through seattle that day and generally the seattle store has everything… but called their 800# and they found it via a part number and sold it to me… anxiously waiting till mine arrives at my local REI.

Sean Mantell

@seanmantell

They were still boxed up in the back, so they must have gotten them in on Saturday.

Ashley Brown

@ashleyb

Just wondering if anyone has actually weighed these pads to check whether the specs are accurate? Given the price, you would hope so. But it wouldn't surprise me to hear they were often 1-2oz over spec.

Anyone had the pleasure of weighing one?

JJ Mathes

@jmathes

Locale: Southeast US

I received a REI email notice this morning, my Neo order has been delayed. :(

Nathan V
    BPL Member

@junk

Locale: The Great Lake State

"I received a REI email notice this morning, my Neo order has been delayed. :("

Me too, What's up with that? I sent them an email asking why, and haven't received an answer yet.

UPDATE : I got a response back from REI that says they expect to receive them approximately April 24, 2009.

Nia Schmald
    BPL Member

@nschmald

Mine weighs 395g, which is 15g under spec. Blows up nearly flat unlike the big ridges in the vertical baffled inflatables.

I like a firm mattress which is what you get when fully inflated. Side position works well with only a little deflection to support the hips but no where close to touching ground. If you like a soft mattress and want to sleep on your side you might have problems.

The fabric is very sticky which should minimize sliding. The fabric is definitely not bomber, so must be dealt with carefully. It's much stronger than 1.3 sil for sure.

The only thing that is not readily obvious is the insulating factor. For that I need field tests. I can't wait!

Kyle Krug

@krugorg

I ordered a large from Moosejaw and they are predicting a 4/6 ship on all sizes. I was able to use Moosejaw's coupon code 206 for 20% off, which is tied to an honor system clothing donation to Purple Heart.

It is good to see something flying off the shelves these days!

Dave Weston

@wsuweston

Locale: NW

I just called the Seatle store and purchased one to be shipped to me. They have 5 regular sizes left as of 12:31 PM

Jared Cook

@rooinater

anyone get a small and weigh it yet? no email from REI saying mine will be delayed, but can't wait!

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

First report on the Neo Air that I know of at BackpackGear Test (http://www.backpackgeartest.org/newreviews.php)
    Not a real test, just initial comments but useful to check out the real measurements.
    Franco

Kyle Krug

@krugorg

Moosejaw just called to tell me they are pushing back my order until May 1. I ordered a large, so not sure about the other sizes.

JJ Mathes

@jmathes

Locale: Southeast US

"I received a REI email notice this morning, my Neo order has been delayed. :("

Nathan wrote "Me too, What's up with that? I sent them an email asking why, and haven't received an answer yet. UPDATE : I got a response back from REI that says they expect to receive them approximately April 24, 2009."

Nathan – I received this message from REI after I posted this morning

"The Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Sleeping Pad – Medium has an estimated arrival date to our warehouse of April 24, 2009. Please keep in mind that this is an estimated time frame and is subject to change. Once the item is received and processed, then your order will be filled."

Jared Cook

@rooinater

anxiously awaiting… item has been shipped and should be arriving in one to 2 days since it shipped from less than 60 miles away!!!…

Nia Schmald
    BPL Member

@nschmald

A couple of days ago I got the same message from REI. Today I got a message that it had shipped. Yes I ordered from 2 places (see my for sale post). But this was for a regular pad.

Carol Corbridge
    Spectator

@ccorbridge

Locale: Southern Oregon

I got mine a couple days ago. It's a small and weights 8.9 oz on my scale. I like what I see so far.

It works great in my Big Agness 5.4 oz SL Cyclone Chair Kit!! I like it much better than the BA Clearview Air Pad (11 oz) I've been using. It weights less and fits better. The material is nicer too.

William Puckett

@beep

Locale: Land of 11, 842 lakes

This morning's email included one from REI informing me that my backordered NeoAir Regular size had shipped. Watching and waiting now!

Dan Cunningham

@mn-backpacker

Locale: Land of 12,000 Loons

Bill – what day did you order yours?

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 427 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools