Topic

Brooks Range Summer 2015 – fragments: Part 1

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Brooks Range Summer 2015 – fragments: Part 1

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Stephanie Jordan
    Spectator

@maia

Locale: Rocky Mountains
    Jim Colten
    BPL Member

@jcolten

Locale: MN

Wonderful Jörgen, simply wonderful Both the trip concept and the report. But a griz stealthily approaching within 25 yards/meters before fleeing? For me, that would qualify as a OH SH*T moment … I doubt I could unholster, arm and fire bear spray in the amount of time it would have needed to close the gap if it wanted.

Jörgen Johansson
    BPL Member

@jorgen

Locale: www.smarterbackpacking.com; www.fjaderlatt.se

Jim, no if the bear had charged I imagine only Clint Eastwood would have been fast enough. But bears (almost never) attack people that way. To them we are almost never considered to be food.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Another pleasurable read. Thank so much. Who is Kenneth Grahame? The BPL home page has him down as the writer/submitter.

Jörgen Johansson
    BPL Member

@jorgen

No idea, just noted this myself :-) Might be a dummy name from some template that has slipped through. I have asked BPL to change this.

Dave G
    BPL Member

@dapperdave

Kenneth Grahame was an English author, most famous for "The Wind in the Willows" a series of tales about the adventures of anthropomorphised wildlife. Dave

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Well since it is certainly not him is why I asked. The irony of this being in the editor's round table. Good job editor, oh wait….

Jörgen Johansson
    BPL Member

@jorgen

I just got a message from BPL. They cannot change the name and put mine there instead because "The database is locked down for the move to the new site". I just hope this will not destroy sales for Mr Grahame's estate ;-)

rmeurant
    BPL Member

@rmeurant

Locale: Laniakea

But Mole stood still a moment, held in thought. As one wakened suddenly from a beautiful dream, who struggles to recall it, but can recapture nothing but a dim sense of the beauty in it, the beauty! Till that, too, fades away in its turn, and the dreamer bitterly accepts the hard, cold waking and all its penalties.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools