Topic

Midwest GGGG May 1-3

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Midwest GGGG May 1-3

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 26 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Looking forward to a trip report with photos this time. Have fun!

David Noll
    BPL Member

@dpnoll

Locale: Maroon Bells

Ken,
    How long are you and your girlfriend staying?

Jonathan,
    Are you still planning on coming?

Doug,
    I assume you are planning on camping Friday and Saturday.

Mark,
    The same?

Jim,
    Sorry you can't make it. I was looking forward to seeing you again. If you want to come down Friday night and leave Saturday PM I could put you up in my Teardrop as long as you don't snuggle.

Jonathan Chin
    BPL Member

@jonrc

Locale: Northwoods

Hi! Yeah, my (vegetarian) girlfriend and I will be there!

So what's the plan for food? Are we chipping in for group meals or brining our own food (and some to share, of course)?

Anything in particular I can bring?

David Noll
    BPL Member

@dpnoll

Jonathan,
    We will be grilling steaks Friday night and doing communal breakfasts Sat and Sunday morning. Pancakes one morning and probably an egg scramble the other. I can get her a non meat brkfst but can't do much with the steak. We'll chip in to cover meals, but if you want to bring something that would be great. Looking forward to meeting you two.

Kenneth Jacobs
    BPL Member

@f8less

Locale: Midwest -or- Rockies

We will either get there about midnight on Friday or bright and early Saturday morning. We have a 4 1/2 hour drive after work Friday… Will we be annoying people showing up that late and setting up?

We will be staying until probably 4-5PM on Sunday. I know we will be at Midwest Tenkara Fest (MWTF) during the day on Sat…maybe Sunday as well. I plan on doing some fishing at MWTF on Coon Creek and on the North Fork Bad Axe River next to the campsites.

I'd say that we will participate/toss in some $$ toward breakfast each morning if myself and my GF aren't too late to get in on that. We both are meat eaters. Let me know. Also is there anything we can bring?

Any rules on drinking in the campground?

KJ

David Noll
    BPL Member

@dpnoll

Don't worry about showing up late.

Chipping in with $ is fine. Anything you want to bring is also good.

As to drinking, it's Wisconsin.

doug thomas
    BPL Member

@sparky52804

Locale: Eastern Iowa

Hey David, Sorry for the late notice, but I'm not gonna be able to make it. My sister is coming into town on that weekend. We're having a belated Easter dinner with the family. Sorry for any inconvenience. Maybe we can try again later on.

David Noll
    BPL Member

@dpnoll

OK, I'm figuring 4 for steak Friday night and 6 for breakfast Saturday and Sunday mornings. If anyone else wants in let me know.
    Mark I'll give you a call Sunday PM.

David Noll
    BPL Member

@dpnoll

Ok, for Friday night I am bringing steaks for Jonathan, his lady and myself. I will also have potatoes, salad, beans and a fresh apple pie.
    Saturday and Sunday breakfasts will be 1) pancakes and polish sausage
    2) bacon and eggs with fried potato
    Ken and his young lady will be joining the 3 of us for breakfast. If this doesn't work let me know ASAP.
    We have sites 19 and 20 reserved.

http://www.vernoncounty.org/parks/docs/EsofeaCampsiteMap.pdf

The weather looks like it will be really nice.

Kenneth Jacobs
    BPL Member

@f8less

Locale: Midwest -or- Rockies

We are bringing apple turnovers…breakfast addition or late night snack. Packs are packed, fishing license bought! We will see you late tomorrow night!

KJ

Jonathan Chin
    BPL Member

@jonrc

Locale: Northwoods

Hi, we're just getting out of Minneapolis now, be there around 9!

JP
    BPL Member

@jpovs-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2

Locale: Arrowhead

I hope everything went well for you guys. Any pictures or a trip report comming? I seen the picture of the feast you had while there posted on Facebook. Looked very delicious.

David Noll
    BPL Member

@dpnoll

Josh,
    Here is a link to my pictures. Next year is set for May 13-15 at Esofea County Park in conjunction with the 2nd Midwest Tenkara Fest.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/d1948n/sets/72157650056979994/

We had a great time although only two young couples and myself represented BPL. We did however do some serious cooking. Hope you can make the next one.

Dave

Viewing 13 posts - 26 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools