eVENT tents were shaking the market back in 2005 and Backpacking Light was on top of it. We tested several single-wall alpine four-season ("bomber") tents made of eVENT, and gave them rave reviews. We were flying high on the excitement of emerging technologies like ultra-breathable fabrics and Easton FX carbon fiber poles advancing the performance and reducing the weight of single wall tents.
Just when eVENT began to gain critical mass attention as a superior fabric for single wall tents, with the introduction of the NEMO Tenshi, Exped Polaris, and a full tent suite from Integral Designs... POOF! - eVENT tents were gone from the market. What happened? New tent fabrics are now on the market that claim eVENT-like properties. How good are they?
- What's So Great About eVENT?
- It Was Here, Then it Was Gone
- Is eVENT Really the Gold Standard?
- Will eVENT Tents Come Back?
- Is an eVENT Replacement in Our Future?
- What are these fabrics?
- How well do they perform?
- Table 1: Moisture Vapor Transmission Rate and weight of various waterproof/breathable tent fabrics in comparison to eVENT.
- The State of the Breathable Fabric Tent Market
# WORDS: 3400
# PHOTOS: 6
# TABLES: 1
A Premium or Unlimited Membership* is required to view the rest of this article.
* A Basic Membership is required to view Member Q&A events
Home › Forums › The eVENT Single Wall Tent: Here, Then Gone – What’s Replacing It?