Podcast 80 | Backcountry First Aid Kits
In this episode of the Backpacking Light Podcast, Ryan discusses ultralight first aid kits for backcountry use.
In this Episode:
- What types of injuries should I be able treat within my ultralight backcountry first aid kit?
- Minimizing risk for common injuries: wounds, minor falls, sprains, strains, overuse injuries, hygiene and water-bourne illnesses.
- Focusing first aid kits on the highest probability injuries.
- What is in my first aid kit?
- Injuries that are not treatable in the field.
- Satellite communications and self- or assisted evacuations
- Rex Sanders shares his viewpoint on the philosophy of backpacking first aid.
- Emylene VanderVelden interviews a Canadian Moutain Rescue Medic as they share their viewpoints on lightweight first aid and trauma kits.
About the Backpacking Light Podcast
- Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Play | Stitcher | RSS
Feedback, Questions, Tips?
- Submit them via email or Twitter and get featured on our next podcast!
- Backpacking Light - Executive Producer
- Ryan Jordan - Director and Host
- Chase Jordan - Producer
- Look for Me in the Mountains - Music
- Written by: Chris Cunningham and Ryan Jordan
- Performed by: Chris Cunningham (acoustic guitar, lead and harmony vocals, harmonica), Chad Langford (upright bass), and Tom Murphy (mandolin).
- Produced by: Basecamp Studios in Bozeman, Montana
- This episode of the Backpacking Light Podcast is supported and kept advertising-free by Backpacking Light membership fees. Please consider becoming a member which helps support projects like this podcast, in addition to a whole slew of other benefits!
You can contact us at [email protected], or follow us on social media -
- Backpacking Light - Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
- Ryan Jordan - Instagram | Twitter | WWW
- Chase Jordan - WWW
- Some links on this page may be “affiliate” links. If you click on one of these links and visit one of our affiliate partners (usually a retailer site), and subsequently place an order with that retailer, we receive a small commission. These commissions help us provide authors with honoraria, fund our editorial projects, podcasts, instructional webinars, and more, and we appreciate it a lot! Thank you for supporting Backpacking Light!
Home › Forums › Podcast 80 | Backcountry First Aid Kits