Episode 51 | Cottage Industry Interview: Livio Melo of allmansright
The extended video version of this podcast episode is available to Unlimited Members.
- The extended video version of this podcast episode is available to Unlimited Members for free as part of their membership. Become an Unlimited Member »
- You must be logged in with your Unlimited Membership account to see the extended video version of this podcast episode here. Login Now »
This is the first installment of the Backpacking Light Podcast’s new series of cottage industry interviews – where Andrew and Ryan chat with some of the small business owners who make up the ultralight cottage industry world.
In this episode, the guys interview Livio Melo, the founder of allmansright.
- introduction to Livio Melo, founder of allmansright, a cottage ultralight gear company
- how Livio decided to make his first pack
- the allmansright Hölster Stake Sack typifies the allmansright ethos – gear design guided by user experience
- what drives allmansright design?
- Livio talks real sustainability
- why do people fall in love with objects?
- how coming from two worlds informs Livio’s thinking and design
- land ownership
- allmansright right vision and values
- Livio wants to slow down – “lighten up and still go slow”
- Livio’s favorite outdoor experience – the Collegiates in Colorado
- adventures in Sweden
- summing up allmansright
- Shop more allmansright gear at Garage Grown Gear
About the Backpacking Light Podcast
- Apple Podcasts | Spotify | Google Play | Stitcher | RSS
Feedback, Questions, Tips?
- Submit them via email or Twitter and get featured on our next podcast!
- Backpacking Light - Executive Producer
- Ryan Jordan - Director and Host
- Chase Jordan - Producer
- Look for Me in the Mountains - Music
- Written by: Chris Cunningham and Ryan Jordan
- Performed by: Chris Cunningham (acoustic guitar, lead and harmony vocals, harmonica), Chad Langford (upright bass), and Tom Murphy (mandolin).
- Produced by: Basecamp Studios in Bozeman, Montana
- This episode of the Backpacking Light Podcast is supported and kept advertising-free by Backpacking Light membership fees. Please consider becoming a member which helps support projects like this podcast, in addition to a whole slew of other benefits!
You can contact us at [email protected], or follow us on social media -
- Backpacking Light - Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
- Ryan Jordan - Instagram | Twitter | WWW
- Chase Jordan - WWW
- Some links on this page may be “affiliate” links. If you click on one of these links and visit one of our affiliate partners (usually a retailer site), and subsequently place an order with that retailer, we receive a small commission. These commissions help us provide authors with honoraria, fund our editorial projects, podcasts, instructional webinars, and more, and we appreciate it a lot! Thank you for supporting Backpacking Light!
Home › Forums › Cottage Industry Interview: Liveo Melo of allmansright