Episode 51 | Cottage Industry Interview: Livio Melo of allmansright
The extended video version of this podcast episode is available to Unlimited Members.
- The extended video version of this podcast episode is available to Unlimited Members for free as part of their membership. Become an Unlimited Member »
- You must be logged in with your Unlimited Membership account to see the extended video version of this podcast episode here. Login Now »
This is the first installment of the Backpacking Light Podcast’s new series of cottage industry interviews – where Andrew and Ryan chat with some of the small business owners who make up the ultralight cottage industry world.
In this episode, the guys interview Livio Melo, the founder of allmansright.
- introduction to Livio Melo, founder of allmansright, a cottage ultralight gear company
- how Livio decided to make his first pack
- the allmansright Hölster Stake Sack typifies the allmansright ethos – gear design guided by user experience
- what drives allmansright design?
- Livio talks real sustainability
- why do people fall in love with objects?
- how coming from two worlds informs Livio’s thinking and design
- land ownership
- allmansright right vision and values
- Livio wants to slow down – “lighten up and still go slow”
- Livio’s favorite outdoor experience – the Collegiates in Colorado
- adventures in Sweden
- summing up allmansright
- Shop more allmansright gear at Garage Grown Gear