The Helly Hansen Odin Minimalist 2.0 jacket (180 g / 6.35 oz, $220) is a lightweight 2.5 layer rain jacket featuring Helly Tech Professional fabric. It has a minimalist feature-set and a well-designed hood.
About this Review
This Limited Review is reflective of a testing period of 8 days in Eastern Washington in late October and early November. This minimalist jacket was tested at times of day ranging from dawn to dusk, with temperatures varying from 25-65 F (-3.9 to 18.3 C), and conditions fluctuating between light rain to light snow.
Features and Specifications
- Weight: 180 g / 6.35 oz – men’s size medium
- MSRP: $220
- Sizing: men’s (S-XXL), does not have a women’s option
- Fabric: Helly Tech Professional fabric
- Waterproof rating: +20000 mmH₂O
- Air permeability rating: +20000 g/m²/day
- Waterproof, windproof, and breathable
- 2.5-layer construction
- Minimal seam construction and lightweight fabric
- Fully seam-sealed
- Packs into chest pocket
- Helmet-compatible hood with adjustments
- YKK Aqua Guard waterproof front zipper
- Tailored cuffs with elastic
Since this is a Limited Review, a detailed performance analysis based on long-term use will not be presented. Instead, performance observations and issues are noted below.
A Premium or Unlimited Membership* is required to view the rest of this article.
* A Basic Membership is required to view Member Q&A events
Home › Forums › Helly Hansen Odin Minimalist 2.0 Jacket Review