Topic

Helly Hansen Odin Minimalist 2.0 Jacket Review

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Helly Hansen Odin Minimalist 2.0 Jacket Review

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Backpacking Light
    Admin

@backpackinglight

Locale: Rocky Mountains

The Helly Hansen Odin Minimalist 2.0 jacket (180 g / 6.35 oz, $220) is a lightweight 2.5-layer rain jacket with a well-designed hood and a minimal feature-set.

MJ H
    BPL Member

@mjh

Not in the market for another jacket, but that hood thing looks nice. The vision-block is why I wear hats instead of hoods for every other purpose but rain-blocking.

Anthony H
    BPL Member

@aharlow

I Just got a REI drypoint GTX on sale ($175 bucks) and it’s a bit heavier (10.5oz) but it’s also a 3-layer active Gore-tex fabric which I find very breathable and hopefully a bit for durable.  At that price is was almost a no brainer.  I’ll take the hit on a 4 oz. weight increase for a 3-layer jacket.  I do like the hood design/adjustability of the HH jacket though….pretty cool.

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

I realize the Patagonia Torrentshell is about twice the weight of these parkas but I think, from reading reviews, may be both more breathable and, being of heavier fabric, is more durable. It comes down to, “Whaddya want, light weight or durability?”

But reviews of the Torrentshell also indicates it stays waterproof day after day, something that can’t said of many other WPB parkas. That’s most important to me.

And I like pit zips for venting which the Torrentshell has. Even my very breathable eVent rain parka could use pit zips.

David U
    Spectator

@the-family-guy

Nice length, nice weight, nice hood.

Well done.

Matanya “Wonka” Loewenthal
    BPL Member

@matanya

Locale: Midwest

Maybe you should take a look at the new Helly Hansen Minimalist infinity. It’s 20 grams lighter at 160g, and is a 3-layer jacket. I tried it on in the store and it seems quite nice.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools