Topic

Your biggest issue with the TT Aeon Li??

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Your biggest issue with the TT Aeon Li??

Viewing 2 posts - 51 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    John M
    Spectator

@johnmcalpine

I’ve been fortunate to spend some time now in my Aeon.  I definately have some issues.

1.  Are they all made the same?  I read where someone 6′ tall on a 2.5 inch mattress had enough room.  I’m 5’9″ and sleep in a 6′ sleeping bag on a 3″ mat.  My foot end of the bag touches one end of the tent when I only have about an inch of space above my head.  I barely fit in this tent.  First time ever for my size.  My foot of the sleeping bag is always damp.  I wouldn’t recommend for anyone over 5’9″.

2.  The magnetic straps that hold up the fly and net are to long.  It doesn’t hold very well.  It allows the material to roll/slip out.

3. You have to be a contortionist to connect the clip at the base of the rainfly.  I prefer a zipper.

4.  I don’t know how to describe the next failure.  It has to do with the two triangular struts with vents.  There’s a strap that is fed through a round grommet.  That freefloating strap needs to be non-freefloating, so a method can be designed to tighten it, pulling the walls tighter.

For me the length is the biggest negative.

Henry Shires / Tarptent
    BPL Member

@07100

Locale: Upper Sierra Foothills - Gold Rush Country

John,  I think there is something very wrong with your setup. What pole height are you using? Can you please send us photos of your setup.

-H

Viewing 2 posts - 51 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools