Topic

WTB – Your beat up/worn out Thorofare shirt

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear WTB – Your beat up/worn out Thorofare shirt

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Gary Dunckel
    BPL Member

@zia-grill-guy

Locale: Boulder

Hi all, I have a MYOG/hack project going on, and I need someone’s help. You see, I almost, but not quite, love my BPL Thorofare shirts. Everything is great about them, EXCEPT…except they only have one chest pocket. So they have become fairly useless to me. But I got to thinking about how I could add a second pocket. If I could do that I’d be a happy boy.

I am looking to see if anyone has a ripped, torn, or otherwise unusable Thorofare shirt that could be passed on to me. I only care about the chest pocket, which I could cut off and sew onto my existing shirts. I could also use some of the material to patch some holes in mine. I specifically need 2 of the tan ones (khaki?), and one of the dark brown (sepia?) shirts. The size doesn’t matter at all, as they all have the same size pocket, and the front snaps are identical.

I hope that someone can help me with this request, and at a fair price. I really want to love these shirts again. I can be reached at the following e-mail address, which I prefer since a BPL glitch doesn’t notify me of incoming PMs :  drzooz (at) aol (dot) com

Gary Dunckel
    BPL Member

@zia-grill-guy

OK, I can see where this is headed. It looks like everybody loves their single-pocket Thorofare shirts. Either that, or a bear trashed it during a mano y mano fight, or maybe they were all sent to Goodwill.

During our current heat wave, the only cool spot in the house is the basement. So yesterday I spent several hours down there making a pocket for a khaki Thorofare shirt. I had a spare shirt in size XS that I bought here, thinking I would give it to some small lady friend. She didn’t want it, so it remained forgotten in storage until yesterday (when I remembered I still had it). I will be able to make the pockets I need from it, although they will be something only a mother could love. Then I will try to find a person with a sewing machine to afix them to the 3 tan shirts.

The problem now will be to try to find a scrap of material that exactly matches the dark brown (sepia). UNLESS…unless some gracious soul here has a tired, torn sepia Thorofare shirt that he or she could pass on to me. I will pay a reasonable price for it, or I can do some trading. Please let me know if you want to part with one. It can be any size, and all I want is the pocket.

Please, anyone?

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Did you try Gear Swap? MYOG doesn’t get the traffic.

Gary Dunckel
    BPL Member

@zia-grill-guy

That’s a good thought. Ken.I hadn’t thought of that, and I’m kinda new to this swap stuff. Thanks.

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

Sorry, no Thorofare shirts, Never bought one. But I do have a Railriders shirt I’d be happy to donate to the cause if interested. It’s actually in very good shape, you could wear it if you chose. It’s even been to the Insect Shield factory for treatment. It’s a khaki color.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools