Topic

Wind River High Route: Consequences

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Philosophy & Technique Wind River High Route: Consequences

Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Paul Wagner
    BPL Member

@balzaccom

Locale: Wine Country

“This is the correct approach. I have never met Paul, but as a reader of his blog I know he often writes about and advocates for the concept of Wilderness Ethics. He is one of the few backpackers on the Internet today that publicly advocates for Wilderness Ethics. His trip report is the responsible way to conduct one’s self on the Internet.”

Gosh, I wonder about that.  Most of the blogs I read seem to have a pretty good approach.  Our own website (backpackthesierra) never provides maps or specific routes.  We spend way more time on our blog talking about ethics than we have ever spent on gear–which we find boring.  But I don’t think that makes us very unusual.  Nick may disagree…

On the other hand, we do need people to hike and enjoy the wilderness.  Without them, we will never have the political support to maintain these areas…

jscott
    BPL Member

@book

Locale: Northern California

Without them, we will never have the political support to maintain these areas…

Miners and loggers would be all over the wilderness if people who hike there were curtailed…in the name of wilderness. Careful what we ask for.

Of course LNT is important. I would think that respect would be one of the things that are learned from visiting awe-inducing scenery.

Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools