Topic

Wind River Advice

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Wind River Advice

Viewing 26 post (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Brendan Yeager
    BPL Member

@byeager

Locale: New England

I did the Alan Dixon/Don Wilson WRHR last summer and loved it! That being said I did get pretty sick due to not acclimatizing (I spent one night at the trailhead then headed up over 10k for the remainder of the trip). On the bright side it helped me lose 10 pounds in 6 days! I might try bringing some Diamox along just in case next time I head above 10,000.

My trip to the Winds was my first extensive off-trail trip – it is a great place to get your feet wet. I fully appreciate your not wanting to jump right in but would recommend an off-trail side trip. If you have a copy of Nancy’s book I am sure you can find some off-trail adventure along whatever route you end up selecting.

Here is a video I put together from my trip if you want something to wet the appetite.

https://youtu.be/D6Nr90fJ2JM

Viewing 26 post (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools