Topic

What are your favorite sleep socks?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) What are your favorite sleep socks?

Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Thomas Willard
    BPL Member

@tomw

Locale: Philadelphia

I’m a big fan of possum down socks. If it’s really cold, I bring SmartWool mountaineering socks which are very comfortable (I’ve never worn them for mountaineering, only for sleeping in).

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

D@mn thick wool/acrylic socks. Heaviest I’ve ever seen. I wear these over a pair of thin poly sock liners.

And I wear these liners the next morning inside my VBL layer which is a closed cell 3 mm neoprene diver’s sox. One pair clean liner socks per day. (Skanky, sweaty socks go in a quart Ziplock freezer bag.)

David Chenault
    BPL Member

@davec

Locale: Queen City, MT

Wigwam 40 belows are my favorite.  Warm, loose fitting, 50/50 nylon/wool, and wick moisture nicely.

Geoff Caplan
    BPL Member

@geoffcaplan

Locale: Lake District, Cumbria

In warm weather I wear Coolmax liner socks to protect my quilt.

I’m a cheapskate, so in cooler weather I just wear synthetic thermals. They aren’t durable but are fine for sleeping and not too tight. You get a measured level of insulation and they give decent warmth for weight.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/THERMAL-WINTER-CHUNKY-COLOURS-6-11UK/dp/B00BU6M5H4/ref=sr_1_25?s=sports&ie=UTF8&qid=1547332798&sr=1-25&keywords=thermal+socks

Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools