Topic

Well this sucks

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Scouting Philmont Well this sucks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Nate Ward
    BPL Member

@tdaward

Locale: The woods of the South

Who else just got hit for the second time on not going to the Ranch?  Pretty much the same options as in ’18, transfer to different year, go somewhere else or refund.  Check your emails if you had a June trek!

KEVIN W
    Spectator

@kwilson13

Second time here as well. W have two crews that were supposed to arrive the very first day Philmont opened so I figured this was what was going to happen.

The good news I have some experience from last time of planning an alternative trip on short notice.  The only problem this time is I’m not sure what all is going to be open in Colorado in the beginning of June, and I expect people that have been locked up for the last couple months to be out hiking as well.

Oh well, be prepared.

Brad P
    Spectator

@brawndo

Very sorry for your crews.  I don’t think they had any choice.

We have a Northern Tier trek in late July.  We had to cancel our big mulch fundraiser.  That raised a lot of scout bucks for the scouts plus it enabled us to provide generous subsidies.  That’s gone, so we might have some folks not able to go.

We were just about to take non-refundable deposits and book flights when the plague hit.  This might mean 1 crew instead of the 2 we booked.

David Y
    BPL Member

@moonshine

Locale: Mid Tenn

Many of us consider Philmont the ultimate Scouting experience but because of the Philmont fires in 2018 and the covid-19 virus in 2020 so many Scouts will age out before they get to go and miss their only opportunity to attend Philmont as Scouts.

David Y
    BPL Member

@moonshine

Locale: Mid Tenn

Philmont offered three option for crews scheduled to arrive after June 2020, come on schedule,  postpone for a reserved slot in 2021 or 2022 or refund.

Our two crews with 22 scheduled for this July took a vote on whether to go this year or postpone. 11 (3 adults and 8 Scouts) voted to go this July and the rest voted for next year. Two strong and balanced crews, both should do well.

Enyaw
    Spectator

@enyaw

We were scheduled for a late June trek, which got cancelled.  We voted for going next year.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools