Topic

WANTED: lightly used SMD Skyscape X tent

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion WANTED: lightly used SMD Skyscape X tent

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

The Cuban fiber Six Moon Design Skyscape X solo tent is no longer in production. As I advance further into geezerhood I find it necessary to get ever closer to SUL weights for gear.

I need this tent more than some young whippersnapper!

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Might be better asking in GearSwap
    Search revealed,
    https://backpackinglight.com/forums/topic/fs-six-moon-designs-skyscape-x-2/

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

Thanks Ken. I guess even at .$300. and only a simple zipper sewing job I’m not willing to pay the price. But I’m still thinking.

I found a guy in the UK with a relatively new one but he also wants about $450. US.

Pricey tents, eh?

Tom K
    BPL Member

@tom-kirchneraol-com-2

I’ll part with mine for $275.  It is version 2, so you won’t have any sewing to do, and in very good condition.  It also has 2 modifications to improve the tent’s functionality:  1)  I added grosgrain pockets to the side tabs to hold the tent handles, since the original had only useless grommets;  2)  I replaced the original middle tie out on the back, which was attached only with tape, with one that was sewn through and sealed with cuben repair tape for a much stronger bond.  The original popped off in a storm.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools