Topic

UL Cagoule

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) UL Cagoule

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Patrick W
    BPL Member

@mando12

Howdy!  I have used the SD Cagoule on a couple of hikes and liked it as much as I have ever liked any rain gear.  I’m prepping for the PCT next year and will probably take it–but I was wondering if anyone is aware of a lighter cagoule.  On my scale the SD cagoule weighs 9.1 oz, which ain’t horrible, but you know–weight matters.  Cheers!

Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

Locale: Central Rockies

Not technically a cagoule, but in a bigger size may function similarly; it’s a few ounces lighter…

Equinox Gazelle Ultralight Anorak

Patrick W
    BPL Member

@mando12

Thanks.  It is a little bit lighter.  I guess one of the things I really like about the SD cagoule is that is designed to prevent the hip belt from creating an air circulation block around the midsection.  Because I perspire a lot while hiking, I need all the circulation I can get.  Maybe there is no such thing as a lighter cagoule, with that feature.  But if there is, someone on this site will know about it :-)

Lester Moore
    BPL Member

@satori

Locale: Olympic Peninsula, WA

The Packa has the length of a cag, but also includes a pack cover for 9.5 ounces total (20d option, Medium):
    http://www.thepacka.com/about-the-packa.html

JCH
    BPL Member

@pastyj-2-2

…and it’s literally a 15 min job to replace the overly robust stock shock cord and cord locks on the Packa with UL versions for an ~1.5 oz savings. My large 20d is 8.7 oz post mods.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools