Topic

UL 10Ltr Pack for a 7Yo

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear UL 10Ltr Pack for a 7Yo

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Dave V
    Spectator

@vaughaag

Locale: Nr Exeter

The latest build.

A very special pack and a tricky one to complete. This 10ltr internal volume pack has around 3ltrs of pocket space and has been created for a seven year old lad.

It has to fit him now but also have scope as he grows. The removable hip belt fixes to the pack using silk clips and velcro. There is 3 inches of adjustment available by adjusting the belt. I also included load lifters for additional back length adjustment, overall the pack has around 6 inches of length adjustment.

More Pics – https://imgur.com/gallery/kKQ8D0n

Materials, I used VX07 for most of the pack with VX21 for the back, bottom and shoulder straps. . Total weight including the hip belt and removable belt pockets comes to 374g The removable belt pockets are 17g each and the removable belt comes to 112g

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

That’s great! I hope y’all have many good times together on trail. That’s about the age my son and I started hiking together and we still enjoy hiking and backpacking together as he approaches his 16th birthday.

Dave V
    Spectator

@vaughaag

Cheers, this one was made for a mates son :)

Adam Kilpatrick
    BPL Member

@oysters

Locale: South Australia

wonderful!

Lester Moore
    BPL Member

@satori

Locale: Olympic Peninsula, WA

Very good looking pack. The waist belt pockets look like a nice roomy design.

Dave V
    Spectator

@vaughaag

Many thanks. The hip pockets are around 500ml volume and big enough for a normal sized phone or gps

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools