Topic

Turn off Email

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    John “Jay” Menna
    BPL Member

@jaymenna78734

Locale: 30.3668397,-97.7399123

Somehow I started receiving random emails only on certain topics within the forums.

I do not wish to get any email from the forum. How do I turn this off?

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Whatever threads you getting emails from you have inadvertently clicked the subscribe option in the gray are above the text box.  Favorite|Subscribe.  Subscribe will say Subscribed

You can go to your profile, click forums and you will see subscriptions to access these easily.

Kenneth Keating
    Spectator

@kkkeating

Locale: Sacramento, Calif

Not true on the subscribed options.  The same is happening to me, I receive emails on forum postings that I have not subscribed to nor even opened.  As an example, I received an email this morning regarding Jennifer’s Charliesuccess post.  It was rher first post, so there was no way I had subscribed as I was away from the computer during the time she posted.  Plus, how could I have subscribed to something she had not posted? This post is not in my Subscriptions.  Something is wrong with the system.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

You can subscribe to whole forums too, not just specific threads. Interested in hearing from the OP. Perhaps a Bug Report should be filed over in that forum. As this one is for

A place where BackpackingLight.com members can ask specific questions from the forum community about using the backpackinglight.com website or its forums that can be answered by other community members. Support issues related to membership account maintenance should be referred directly to Help Desk.

Kenneth Keating
    Spectator

@kkkeating

Locale: Sacramento, Calif

I reviewed the Subscription portion of my profile, and it listed the entire General Backpackinglight forum. Maybe that was the issue. I unsubscribed, so hopefully that was the issue. Thanks for the quick response.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools