Topic

Tritensil – Another Eating Utensil

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Tritensil – Another Eating Utensil

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Kevin Babione
    BPL Member

@kbabione

Locale: Pennsylvania

As you’re looking for backcountry eating utensils, you might want to keep the Tritensil in mind.  A full-size usable fork, spoon, and knife (and the knife does cut meat) weighs only 20 grams.  They also now have a mini version weighing in at only 8.5 grams.  My daughters have been using them in their lunchboxes for two years now and love them.

On a side note, they also have great customer service.  I emailed them when I placed another order asking if I could buy just the fork (somehow my daughters have lost two forks and I now have two orphaned spoon/knife utensils) – he’s sending me the forks for free with my order!

Lowell Mills
    BPL Member

@farmhand357

Cool, I ordered a few sets to throw in vehicles and packs.  Thanks!

Ben H.
    BPL Member

@bzhayes

Locale: No. Alabama

They look nice.   Too bad they don’t make a metal version.  I don’t like to eat with plastic utensils.

R
    Spectator

@autox

Serrate your spork :)

Brad W
    Spectator

@blw2

I’ve got to say that at least these look better than those lite my fire knife/fork/spoon things…. with this one at least you can use proper table manners with a knife in one hand and fork in the other

Todd T
    BPL Member

@texasbb

Locale: Pacific Northwest

with this one at least you can use proper table manners with a knife in one hand and fork in the other

But the table kind of negates the lightness of these spknorks.

Brad W
    Spectator

@blw2

just call me Thurston Howell III, roughing it in style…..

Kevin Babione
    BPL Member

@kbabione

Locale: Pennsylvania

I never liked sporks – the bowl wasn’t deep enough for any kind of soup and the tines weren’t long enough to actually stab anything.  And don’t get me started on the serrated edge of the Light My Fire plastic spork – about all that would do would be to slice the inside of your mouth when you’re eating.

The Tritensil does indeed allow “civilized” dining while in the back country.  You can also snap the handles together to get a much longer spoon for reaching into cooking pouches.  It’s really a clever design.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

https://backpackinglight.com/forums/topic/tritensil-a-better-spork/

I tried to give my sample one away. Still in a drawer, unused.

Happy with my folding long spoon.

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

Wrong thread. Sorry.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools