Topic

Transportation for Lost Coast Trail

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Transportation for Lost Coast Trail

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Stephen Bing
    BPL Member

@stephbing

Locale: SoCal

Has anyone ever done the northern part of this trail by using two vehicles at the start and end trail? If so, was the road really as bad as the licensed shuttles say they are?

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

I’ve driven to Needle Rock in a Subaru Forester back in June, 2013 and it was doable but scary in a couple of places. It had been raining for a couple of days and was very, very slippery.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

The roads are old, small, windy. It just takes a lot longer getting around but a regular car should be fine.  I got around in an old Volvo wagon. We split our group one year in two and met in the middle to swap keys. Then met up in Garberville for food and swap back.

Stephen Bing
    BPL Member

@stephbing

Locale: SoCal

Thanks for making it clearer! I’m still debating whether I want to spend two hours after finishing the hike to go get the other car then go back down south again with two cars on that road. Might just have to cough up the cash for a shuttle since we’re strapped for time.

Joe Gaffney
    BPL Member

@j_gaffneycomcast-net

Shuttle?

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Yes there are shuttle services there for getting between the trailheads. Expensive.

Two examples

https://lostcoastadventures.com

https://mendoinsidertours.com/book-the-trailhead-shuttle/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools