Topic

TiGoat Founder Douglas Leavitt, RIP

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion TiGoat Founder Douglas Leavitt, RIP

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jon Solomon
    BPL Member

@areality

Locale: Lyon/Taipei

Just wanted to share the news that Titanium Goat founder, Douglas Leavitt, passed away at the end of February. I offer my respect and condolences to his family and friends, including his son Josh who is a member here (and owner of Ruta Locura).

The tipis designed by TiGoat (and Ruta Locura) are pretty special.

Here is a link to the obituary notice: https://www.myers-mortuary.com/obituary/Douglas-J-Leavitt/Ogden-Utah/1837123

Gary Dunckel
    BPL Member

@zia-grill-guy

Locale: Boulder

Thanks for passing that on, Jon. I have a lot of respect for Josh Leavitt, and I’m sure that I would have liked his dad as well. I wish the family peace and serenity during this difficult time.

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

Sad news indeed. I’ve done business with both Josh and his father, and always had very good outcomes with both. My sincere condolences as well.

Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

Locale: Central Rockies

Josh and Doug have contributed an immense amount to our community and have left a legacy to us. Sincere condolences to your family, Josh, your dad will be missed.

I’ll always remember picking up my Pack-Rifle at his house and having him generously spend his time with me going over every little detail and how to use it. He gave me a tour of his little workshop, showed me his new (then) designs for titanium hot tent stoves. His eyes lit up when he showed everything to me, and it made me grateful for your family’s companies and what they were doing for our community.

Ben Smith
    BPL Member

@goosefeet

Locale: Georgia

I will always credit DJ for giving me a ton of help at the beginning of my business.  He was so helpful with material sources, business tips and ideas, and was always great to work with.  Josh, I’m sorry for your loss.  You and your family will be in my prayers.

brian H
    BPL Member

@b14

Locale: Siskiyou Mtns

RIP Brother

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools