Topic

Three Sister Loop – Labor Day Weekend – 4 Days 3 Nights

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Three Sister Loop – Labor Day Weekend – 4 Days 3 Nights

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Yongci L
    BPL Member

@yebenbenben

Here is my trip report for three sister loop. I got a lot of resources from this website and here is my trip report:

https://www.yebenbenben.com/hiking/2019/09/three_sister_loop/

Paul Wagner
    BPL Member

@balzaccom

Locale: Wine Country

Nice report.  We were there a few years ago and had to cut our trip short due to the massive fires and smoke in the air.  Nice to see it with clear skies!

HkNewman
    BPL Member

@hknewman

Locale: The West is (still) the Best

Nice, but the area was definitely drier than August hike despite the wet summer.  I hiked up from MacKenzie pass on to the PCT before Labor Day this year, and saw plenty of weekend backpacking parties mostly breaking camp at Koko Lake, then after drinking the last of my water.   I hiked for a number of miles mostly up to Rockpile before filling up again.

The burnt trees are all around, but this wet summer provided a wildflower show juxtaposed against the blackened/gray trees which your photos convey nicely.

Yongci L
    BPL Member

@yebenbenben

I am from East Coast, not used to the blackened trees and forest fire in west coast, I was pretty surprised to see that and to learn that it was just 7 years old when it happened. Last time I was in Yellowstone, we hiked through a large burned area which is caused by a forest fire in 1988.

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

Nice report and pics, thanks

I was planning on going there to beat next year’s permit system, but there was too much rain so I went further south.  This might be a year when I don’t do a trip there.

It’s good people are using oregonhikers.org field guide.

Tom Clark
    BPL Member

@tomclark

Locale: East Coast

Nice trip report.  I’ve been to the Sisters several times and love the variation.  However, that Pole Creek burn area really takes some of the joy out of what was a nice section.

dirtbag
    BPL Member

@dirtbaghiker

Nice job. Great pictures too!! Thanks.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools