Topic

This topic has been reported for inappropriate content == FIXED

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support Website & Forum Support This topic has been reported for inappropriate content == FIXED

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Manfred
    BPL Member

@orienteering

I’m feeling like insult being added to injury when that message was displayed on top of my latest trip report. I lost my complete trip report several times – every time after manually uploading over 100 photos – and then have to see that message. Can someone please explain to me how this reporting happens? Who reports? Based on what? Right now I’m pretty fed up with BPL. This is a pretty offensive message and I wonder why I should continue putting so much work into trip reports. Have a look at my trip report and tell me what is inappropriate about it? Father and daughter backpacking together? Going to Iceland? Sleeping in a tent? Walking through a river without taking off your shoes?

=======================

Very nice Trip Report, thank you. As Justin has noted, someone clicked on the wrong button. Yes, the web site software still has some deficiencies, which we slowly try to correct. Sorry about that.

Anyhow, I have ‘unreported’ the posting now.
    Cheers

Roger Caffin
    Online Community Monitor
    BackpackingLight

Brad Rogers
    BPL Member

@mocs123

Locale: Southeast Tennessee

Your trip reports are always fantastic.  I understand it is frustrating, but I for one enjoy your reports very much and appreciate you posting them.

Justin Baker
    BPL Member

@justin_baker

Locale: Santa Rosa, CA

I just tried hitting the reply button Brad’s post but accidentally hit the report button. I think that’s what happened to your thread. Bad design of the website.

Instead of manually uploading, I recommend uploading to a photo hosting website like imgur. You can get an html code that you can copy+paste into notepad as you create your trip report and then copy+past everything into the thread.

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

There are trolls Everywhere. They will do whatever it takes to screw up a good thing.

YOU know it’s BS. I know it’s BS.

If “inappropriate content” leads to robo-deleting, that needs to be changed.

I doubt if any sentient moderator would make that mistake.

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

There’s a little “report” ikon.  When I clicked it, it then started saying “this topic has been reported for inappropriate content”.

So, that’s what it means, someone clicked that.

I’ve noticed other reports marked for no good reason.

Just ignore it.  Maybe get a good laugh that someone would do that? : )

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

Manfred,

Your reports are fabulous, nothing inappropriate. You just have to ignore the children that gleefully report stuff for ‘inappropriate content’ because they simply don’t yet have the intellectual maturity to instead add something meaningful. Some day their voices will change, they’ll finally be through puberty, and most of them will stop the silliness. Until then, ignore them.

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Oh, I just clicked it for my response and I see it says “This reply has been reported for inappropriate content.” at the top of my post

I wonder if they knew who clicked it and if I’ll get into trouble?

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

The other thing you can do is click that hand ikon (the like button) and it’ll increment the count, like I did for Doug’s.

Or if I click it again it’ll decrement the count.

Again, none of this means anything, just ignore : )

HkNewman
    BPL Member

@hknewman

Locale: The West is (still) the Best

No trolls. The inappropriate button was accidentally pressed on a mobile device … and, unfortunately, it instantly reports even if the hyperlink is clicked in error. Same reason the downvote icon was taken out – someone scrolling on a mobile inadvertently hits downvote on a small screen. There’s a work order ticket into BPL explaining the problem and possible remedies (i.e. a second asking if this is actually inappropriate or a fat finger error…)

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

That’s too bad you can’t click it again and cancel it, like the like button

rmeurant
    BPL Member

@rmeurant

Locale: Laniakea

I suspect I might have several times hit the wrong button, and unintentionally reported inappropriate conduct, as the response box has sprung up when I’ve not expected it. Clumsy fingers – I don’t believe I’ve ever done it intentionally – can’t recall any such incident.

Manfred
    BPL Member

@orienteering

Sounds to me like at least Jerry’s idea should be implemented, so people who hit the “Report” button by accident can cancel it. Having a popup where you need to confirm that you really want to report the content seems also like a good idea. Finally the admins should be able to remove the red warning at the top of a post. I had my kids ask me why my Iceland TR contains a warning about inappropriate content and I think there should be a way to have it removed.

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

Creating a trip report with a number of pictures can be quite a task, both on this version of BPL and the old software. Plus it could be accidentally deleted by someone at BPL. My solution was to create a blog and just post a link to it.

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Maybe it was the naked people in the pool? : )

(just kidding, I forget, were they naked?  If so the picture didn’t show it)

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Very nice Trip Report, thank you. As Justin has noted, someone clicked on the wrong button. Yes, the web site software still has some deficiencies, which we slowly try to correct. Sorry about that.

Anyhow, I have ‘unreported’ the posting now.
    Cheers

Roger Caffin
    Online Community Monitor
    BackpackingLight

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools